when is armageddon coming at the moment ?

by looloo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

when i used to go there was a spoecial campain because it was so close , what happens now is it still any minute now or is there talk along the lines of that it may not happen for quite sometime yet ? has anyone ever said at a talk that it may not happen in our lifetime ? has anyone who is still in ever heard anyone question it coming very soon, considering the golden oldies must of being saying that all of their lives

• zeroday
    zeroday

w50 2/1p.35 WhatDoYouDowithYourTime?***

The fact that this series of events, along with others also foretold by Jesus, has been occurring particularly since 1914 may not strike you as significant until it is also called to attention that the year 1914, according to Bible chronology, marks the end of the Gentile times, or the period of 2,520 years which was foretold to intervene between God’s casting off the unfaithful nation of Israel in 607 B.C. and the restoration of Theocratic rule by installing Christ Jesus as heavenly King. These signs stand out like mileposts, notifying men and nations of their whereabouts on the stream of time. Whereas Paul had only the eye of faith with which to look for the end of the world and its attendant wickedness, we have before our very eyes this series of happenings of world-shaking magnitude, testifying that we are living in the last days!

It would appear that many who read this original WT did not live to see the "Last Days" perhaps they should have questioned it coming real soon.
  • lancelink
    lancelink

I attended the Saturday afternoon session of the circuit assembly several weeks ago.

And right at the end the speaker ( I think he was the co, or do) made the comment that we should focus our lives on the new system,
    yet several minutes later he said that it might not come during our lifetime, but yet we must remain focused on this event happening.

That comment really amazed me.
    A prime example of speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

• lancelink
    lancelink

Thanks to Dan the man for this post,
    You might find it interesting :

The current recruiting book that is in use What Does the Bible Really Teach? has just one brief paragraph in the main part of the text that mentions any chronology related to 1914, with a note in parentheses referring the reader to a section in the Appendix for a further explanation (my guess is that there's no formal consideration of the Appendix material with persons who are studying).

Here's the paragraph from the main part of the text:

23 For how long? During the 19th century, sincere Bible students calculated that the waiting period would end in 1914. (Regarding this date, see the Appendix, pages 215-18.) World events that began in 1914 confirm that the calculation of these sincere Bible students was correct. The fulfillment of Bible prophecy shows that in 1914, Christ became King and God’s heavenly Kingdom began to rule. Hence, we are living in the “short period of time” that Satan has left. (Revelation 12:12; Psalm 110:2) We can also say with certainty that soon God’s Kingdom will act to cause God’s will to be done on earth. Do you find this to be wonderful news? Do you believe that it is true? The next chapter will help you to see that the Bible really does teach these things.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Armageddon is now closer than the inside of your eyelid, but not so close that the WTB&TS stops making long-term real estate development plans.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They will never stop trying to impress upon people that it is close. This is the way they keep them in fear. And fear is what gives them their power.

• dazednotconfused
    dazednotconfused

I am just so glad that I never had to worry about graduating from high school...oh, wait, that was 1984, i can barely remember those days now.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    golden oldies must of being saying that all of their lives

Don't fret there will be New Golden Oldies to replace the Old Golden Oldies.tweety bird

hope4others

• Maddie
    Maddie

Perhaps we missed it

Maddie

• Carmel
    Carmel

The "new heavens and new earth" are already here! Maddie's spot on! carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit