1975 AND HERBERT ARMSTRONG

by badboy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

NEVER HEARD THAT ONE ABOUT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONCE BEEN A JW,WHERE DID SOME JWS GET THAT IDEA.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I was told by an elder and his wife that Armstrong was an apostate, of the evil slave class....

I remember watching him preach one sunday as a child. Christmas is bad!!! blah blah blah. I asked my mom if he was a JW. She said no!! He's just and apostate. Armstrong was never a JW. Whether he cut and pasted... who can know?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Herbert W. Armstrong received his credentials as a minister from the Church of God, Seventh Day. (The name of his own group was Worldwide Church of God). His wife introduced him to the church in 1927. This church was founded by Adventists who rejected the visions of Ellen G. White. So, they really should not be identified with Seventh Day Adventists.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Here's the website of the 'Restored Church of God' - these are the ones who have kept to Armstrong's original teachings after the big split - an event which they refer to as fulfillment of the prophecy in Thessalonians of 'the great apostasy'. They believe that it was a cleansing and restoration of the true church.

They do seem to lean heavily on Daniel and Revelation for their 'prophecies'

http://www.thercg.org/home.html

Note - the 'Plain Truth'magazine is now mainstream Christian in content and perfectly ok to read!

Very interesting page here describing how they believe they're different to SDA and JWs:

http://www.thercg.org/articles/wjwosa.html

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sad emo

Note - the 'Plain Truth' magazine is now mainstream Christian in content and perfectly ok to read!

Depends on what you mean by "mainstream Christian"

They would disagree about Hell and eternal Judgement.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There is a pretty good article on Armstrong's 1975 doctrine on wikipedia. There seems to be absolutely no corelation between the JW "Bible-basedâ„¢" chronology and Armstrong's time cycles. Here's the page:

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's an online edition of Herbert W. Armstong's false prophecy:

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    There seems to be absolutely no corelation between the JW "Bible-basedâ„¢"

Oh cool nathan. Plus it was written a full decade before LEiFotSG.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

So I guess the question should be: "Did the JWs rip off HA's 1975 idea?"

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

DD stop bloody nitpicking - it just makes you look silly

I think you know exactly the definition I was trying to make between 'mainstream' and non-mainstream!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit