Skype HD Video

by besty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    it's ben and jerry's QL,

ben & jerry's, haagan das, who cares, they're both american innit. See you soon

sorry Paul - none for u.

• besty
    besty

all hijacking activity has been noted. Move to LA has gone very well thanks to all who asked :-)

• free2think
    free2think

LOL

Im so glad, i didnt give you my skype name as i wasnt sure if you wanna chat to me, i know i wouldnt wanna chat to me.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hey Besty!

Well I was just chatting to Sweetpea (well via Facebook - so very disjointed with an 8hr time difference) about something like this. I even said in my last message (which she's probably not read yet) that you'd probably be able to come up with some suggestions considering what you do!

So how do me and Mrs Pubsinger get this? In computer language of less than 1 sylable LOL!!

How's it going anyway?

Your team were bloody lucky today! But did very well in the UEFA cup the other night . . . Did Sweetpea tell you me and Will went to see Huddersfield Town on Saturday (free tickets thankfully!) it was . . . er bloody awful LOL! We'll stick to Man Utd thanks . . .

Serious about the Skype HD whatever tho lol . . .

S

• besty
    besty

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/skype/skype-high-quality-video-review.asp

• Skype 3.6 for Windows
    • a Logitech webcam that has been optimized and certified for High Quality Video (the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, the Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks or the Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF (Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF in the U.S.)
    • Logitech QuickCam software, version 11.5 (expected to be available in November at www.logitech.com/downloads)
    • a dual-core PC
    • a broadband connection (384 kbps and above)

Get going on plain Jane Skype audio first and then worry about HD video later...

Yep Rangers were lucky but the more they practise the luckier they get - 108 domestic trophies - more than any club in the world

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Thanks mate.

108 trophies - not bad in a 2 team league . . .
    I know, I know . . .you've heard it all before from ignorant Englishmen LOL

Only prob we seem to have is that our laptop isn't dual core (tho we're due for a replacement)
    How crucial is that?

S

• besty
    besty

dual core is reqd. for Skype High Quality video but not reqd. for standard (read low) quality video and normal audio, so with what you have you can get going right away.

also Skype have specified only the Logitech webcams (and only certain ones of those) to be compatible with HQ video

here's a wee league table for you:

Manchester Utd57
    Arsenal28
    Chelsea17
    Blackburn8
    Liverpool8
    Newcastle8
    Aston Villa3
    Norwich City1
    Nottingham Forest1
    Leeds United1

So basically I have taken all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams in the Premiership each year since 1992 and assigned them 5,3 and 1 point respectively.

M Utd is a standout - clearly the most successful team in England. What's interesting to me is the rate of decline of the following teams - they roughly half in point value every place you go down. So the team below is half as successful.

The media like to talk about The Big Four Teams - in Premiership terms, The Big One would be more accurate :-)

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

LOL!
    You obviously have too much time on your hands

I'll forward your findings to the Premier League and get them to just give us the title!

I agree with you on the "Big Four" - obviously the Scousers should be excluded just for being . . . well, Scousers!
    I'm sure it'd be a different picture if you included the 70's and 80's.

I remember in a melancholic moment in the late 80's, sharing a pint with a fellow JW after another pitiful season from Utd, asking in all seriousness if he thought Utd would actually win another title before Armageddon came LOL!

So you reckon a 2 team league with Rangers and Celtic is actually 100% better than the Prem!??

Anyway back to the Skype . . . (is this the first case of someone hijacking their own thread!)
    I'll look into it. We'll start with standard quality.

Then we'll be able to see you're LA sun tans! I've warned her that if she's got an American accent within a fortnight,to expect some serious piss taking . . .

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit