To all those that are seriously thinking about going back to JWism...

by nvrgnbk 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

maybe you should.

Apparently the reasons some had for leaving had nothing to do with truth or reality or what's factual.

Some left because they got discouraged or were offended or felt slighted.

If that's why you left- an unkind word, not being invited to some social function, nepotism in the hierarchy, being overlooked for privileges, annoying personalities, etc.- you're in a very unsettled place.

You'll soon discover that people that aren't Jehovah's Witnesses can be unkind, lack hospitality, show favortism, and be obnoxious.

Then what?

You'll go crawling back?

If on the other hand you left because you realize that the extraordinary claims made by the religion are completely without support, you may occasionally miss friends and family lost and reminisce about some random happy memories experienced but most likely never feel tempted to return.

The JW religion, like most any other religion, is full of people that want to be told what to do and what to think.

It's easier that way.

Thinking can be exhausting.

If you want all the decisions made for you, a cult is a pretty good place to be.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Excellent point!

If you don't care about the actual facts and you just want the mummy organisation to tell you what to do all the time....you would suit being in a cult.

Sirona

• JH
    JH

It's true that we didn't all leave for the same reason, and although we ended up here, doesn't mean we are all alike.

Atleast here, we are free to talk about or differences.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Well, rather than be a simple encouragement for those that left the JWs, this turns out to be a rather loaded post!

What about those of is that left the JWs but have retained a form of faith of one kind or another?

Are we eager to be told what to think and what to do also?

Or should we do what YOU tell us to do and think what YOU tell us to think?

To say that people like myself are not self-determined and actualized individuals because our trajectory after leaving the JWs has been different from yours is downright arrogant and offensive.

You have issues.

Burn

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

To say that people like myself are not self-determined and actualized individuals because our trajectory after leaving the JWs has been different from yours is downright arrogant and offensive.

Ouch!

Where did I say that?

You totally missed the point, Burn.

Though I disagree with your thoughts on many matters I have great respect for you for having convictions and being true to them.

I deeply regret that you misunderstood the intent of my post.

Respectfully,

Nate

You have issues.

I know that's true.

I'll have worked through them by the time I'm dead.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nicely made point Nate.

These words were particularly helpful.

you may occasionally miss friends and family lost and reminisce about some random happy memories experienced but most likely never feel tempted to return.

Hope all is well with you.

OM

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You totally missed the point, Burn .

Though I disagree with your thoughts on many matters I have great respect for you for having convictions and being true to them.

I deeply regret that you misunderstood the intent of my post.

Respectfully,

Nate

Heh. Maybe I am one of those obnoxious people outside the bOrg you mentioned upthread.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

[I do love a "kiss and make up". Well done chaps.]

The sad thing is I talked a friend back to the "truth" for that very reason. He needed someone to tell him what to do and was lost when it came to his own opinion. I did it for his family more than him.

He is settled now and his life is better than ever, even though he is still a JW…..

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I like your comments Nvr. they are quite truthful and honest, some people are just weak in character and mind, and I don't think there is really much to

do about that unfortunately. Its for those very reasons I dislike being social with any JWS even within my own family .

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If on the other hand you left because you realize that the extraordinary claims made by the religion are completely without support,

That is my main reason for leaving. I knew the biblical support was lacking, but I didn't know about the non-existent secular, social, and moral framework until I began reading Internet sites that debunked a lot of the WT's claims.

The conclusion I've reached is that the JW religion is a hollow shell with nothing remotely spiritual about it. Sad.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit