does someone agree with this ?

by peter-john 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peter-john
    peter-john

I've found this on internet .

does someone agree with it ?

http://h2o.aimoo.com/International-Open-Forum-for-J/SCATTERED-1-1018638.html

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

In the words of the tennis champion J. McEnroe, 'You cannot be serious!'

• StAnn
    StAnn

The very first sentence says that the early christians apostasized. This is called "the great apostasy theory" and is not based in fact. This Great Apostasy did not happen. So, everything else the poster said is irrelevant. It's like the whole 1914 thing, which is based on 607 b.c.e, which is a bad date. If the foundation of the argument is bad, the rest of the argument is pointless.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I do!

Did you guys read it from end to end or just switch off at the first paragraph?

Yes, the church history at the start is very dodgy and inaccurate, but the key message of the post is that Jehovah does not have any sole organisation on earth, His 'organisation' is a heavenly one and is made of sincere believers from across all the denominations, it's not about what place they worship in, its about worshiping in Spirit and truth.

So what's wrong with that? Did I miss something?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I resisted the urge to switch off at the first paragraph. I also agree. Very well written post there.

momz

• real one
    real one

i agree, i dont know about the annointed part but i agree

• StAnn
    StAnn

I read the whole thing. All this "nominal church" and "anointed" stuff is silly. The OP acts like just a few christians have existed hither and yon until recently, that's nonsensical. Jesus said where two or more are gathered in his name, there he'll be. Sounds like Jesus said right off that it's not denomination-specific.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Jesus said where two or more are gathered in his name, there he'll be.

Depends on whether they really are gathered in his name or whether they're a 'holy social club' doesn't it?

Jesus also said "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

So the idea that believers are few may not as nonsensical as you might think!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik
    The very first sentence says that the early Christians apostatized. This is called "the great apostasy theory" and is not based in fact. This Great Apostasy did not happen. So, everything else the poster said is irrelevant.

StAnn,

But it did happen and some of the 12 Apostles were part of it long before Catholicism came into being. This is how the whole blood issue came into being. In John's day it was really bad. 1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. And in all his territory Paul had to battle with this fact even saying: 1 Cor 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord’s supper. 21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. And we all should know that famous command that James gave to Paul when he said: Acts 21:23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. It would only get worse from now on and Christianity still exists in a state of apostasy today.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit