Memorial Questions

by 4mylove 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Seeing how it is inevitable that my husband will bring up attendance to this terrible event, what would be questions I could ask afterward on the very long drive home? I'm pretty sure his parents have already started calling him to remind him to be sure to attend at least that since he is inactive at the time. I know it's terrible but I'd love to play devil's advocate. I thought about this after reading the post about the bible passage in the memorial invitation.

Thanks again for all you help guys and gals!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How many partakers in total? (144,000)

These 144,000 are the first gathered by the Apostles? How many were there in
    the first century? How many between the first century and the 19th century?
    Weren't there millions of Christians in that time? Weren't there more than
    144,000 before the first century was over?

If someone says they are anointed, who's to say if they are right or wrong?

What if I have a heavenly hope? If I did partake, why would that be wrong?

• Gopher
    Gopher

They will read 1 Corinthians 11:26 at the Memorial. It says:

For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.

So if nobody is eating or drinking, are they really proclaiming the death of Jesus? Or, should you only attend if you are eating and drinking, as per this verse?

Second about that "until he arrives" part. Don't JW's teach that he arrived in Kingdom power in 1914?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i started a thread once called no thanks jesus, it was something little toe had said, that jesus commanded his followers to drink of his 'blood' and eat of his 'body' surely when we pass the wine and bread and dont do that its like we're saying we don't want jesus and what he did for us!!

saying that i might go this year, not to my home cong tho im trying to fade but to another family bloody pressure and all that!!! ahhhhhhhhh!!!

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Cordelia, sorry to hear that. Good luck to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit