Do more! MORE!

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The wash-TOWEL Society is always nagging the jw's to do more!

This is how they sound to me.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Exactly. You agree to a once a week discussion in the Suffer Forever book (now, it is that Bible Watchtower Teach book. And that's it.

A few weeks in, it's going to one boasting session a week. Of course, they are not satisfied with that--you are to go to all three of them every week (and I didn't even like going to church once a week when I was little). And there are the obligatory comments, which must stick with the material.

After that, they want you to join the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)". You will get a talk. The first is just practice, and there will be applause (hopefully that will be happening a lot less with the demise of the Watchtower Society). After that, you will get counsel points.

Some time later, they want you to start throwing things away. It starts with the most obvious things like those beautiful Christmas, Halloween, and Easter decorations, Ouija boards, horoscopes, amulets, crosses and statues, and religious music. Then it's things that resemble religious items, music that is "bad" (and they have a progressively stricter definition of "bad" the longer you are in), and so-called stumbling block items and things that could be rumored to have demons in them.

Soon, you will be expected out in field circus. At first, they will make it easier (still, a waste of time no matter how easy). They will insinuate that you will now be going out every day, no matter what. At this point, pioneering is not possible.

However, you are soon going to be hounded to get baptized. At which point, they will start pushing pioneering. And, once you pioneer, they will keep moving it up to the next level. You could be putting in 200 hours a month, and they will start complaining that your magazine placements and/or studies are low. All the while, your behavior will be monitored tightly and you will be expected to refrain from things that were previously accepted without question.

Men will be hounded to take responsibilities. You will be expected to help out, and then help run, the congregation. Singles are gold to them, since they have the wonderful prospect of going to that Value Destroyer Training School and then going, at their own expense, where they are assigned to help congregations that are falling apart (these days, that is a lot--everywhere at once). Nothing is good enough short of getting everyone on the planet into the cancer, and then getting them all whole-souled in it.

At least here, no one is hounding me to do more posts. In fact, once I make a certain number of posts (the default is 75 posts and two topics) within a 24 hour period, it forces me to take a break until the earliest post is more than 24 hours old. That would not happen in the congregation--imagine only being allowed to knock on 75 doors or hit 75 people in street work in any 24-hour period. I bet many pioneers still in would welcome such publisher limits.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You can say that again.....more,more,more

Chris is funny, all this has given him a little celeb status.

alt

hope4others

• Gopher
    Gopher

This "do more" attack on rank-and-file JW's by WTS leadership is calculated to bring feelings of inadequacy, and possibly anxiety. That way the JW will be more vulnerable and compliant to the will of the leadership.

It's cult-like strategy -- to knock down members' self-esteem.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I hear my poor study conductor lament that he needs to "do more" instead of relaxing and enjoying his life. Sometimes I think I am doing him a favor by giving him a couple hours a week to talk with a real human.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Seeing my dad constantly at his desk working on a meeting part was motive enough for me to not want to do more. I wish he would have spent more time teaching me the practical things he knew like working on cars or passing on construction skills. Instead all his time went to the borg.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL . They started waving the end is soooooooooo close carrot in front of everybody again here lately .

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's complete bullshit.

I think about how much of my life was wasted reading that nonsense, underlining watchtowers for the watchtower study, and all of that efing nonsense - and they still wanted more. It was never ever ever enough - and if you got tired, it was still your fault.

The ultimate blame game, and as one poster made mention above, the perfect way to keep your self-esteem low.

I was a moron for believing that nonsense for one second.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Less is more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And all this leads to more stagnation. They claim that pioneering will solve all your problems, and that it is a "new" experience. It is not--it is a higher dose of the same experiences. And it will create, not solve, problems--being tired, letting necessary things slide too long, and even more stagnation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit