PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPT. RESPONSE TO UN ASSOCIATION

by lookin 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lookin
    lookin

I personally spoke to a brother who works in Public Affairs Dept @ headquarters. The dept was formed back in 1991-92 to help with media events worldwide.

At that time, the idea was to have access to current worldwide information. This would allow brothers to assist and have a better grasp on worlwide situations.

However- many many in the group did not agree that this association should take place!! Felt it would be damaging-however it was done anyway. He also stated that the society has been swamped with letters and phone calls from all over the world and branches. That they are fully aware of the situation! Almost said it in a way of rolling his eyes-like they new this would happen yrs ago by the brothers who did not want this to happen.

He could not speak long-but will have more information soon.

• zev
    zev

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Looking: I am not surprised that the WTS is responding in this way. It is possible that they person you talked to is telling things the way they see it. If so, it shows then that their own strong teachings against the UN are an example of how hollow their religion is. If he is engaged in 'damage control' by spinning evnts to minimize their actions, then they are no different than the rank and file JWs who they claim are unrepentant when they too try to mitigate the events leading up to a serious error. No matter which way they go, the WTS stepped into a serious pile of bovine excrement, and tarnished their image far beyond what they themselves can imagine. Thanks for the report on your call with them. - Amazing

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lookin,

That they are fully aware of the situation! Almost said it in a way of rolling his eyes-like they new this would happen yrs ago by the brothers who did not want this to happen.

I suspect that the 'rolling of eyes' is due more to amazement at the fuss made over the issue, which really is small pickings compared to what they know they are sitting on.

The WTS/UN/NGO issue is rather like Vincenzo Gambini being indicted for a parking offence, a pesky nuisance but worrying to them as it shows the net slowly closing in.

Best regards - HS

• Judith
    Judith

[8>] testing

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    At that time, the idea was to have access to current worldwide information. This would allow brothers to assist and have a better grasp on worlwide situations

To put the matter in perspective, ask yourself what would happen to a baptized JW who joined the YMCA, not because he agreed with its objectives as an organization, but simply to have access to its facilities (i.e., the gym, the swimming pool, etc.) After all, by keeping in good health, he would be able to do more in the Kingdom work, right? Do you think a judicial committee would buy that explanation? Or would they tell him to 'quit touching the unclean thing'?

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

lookin,
    please be so kind and answer to my reply to your posts on the big thread. I posted a question for you there, yesterday.

Concerning this statement from the WTBTS:

What else is new?

When they stated at the 1974 yb that the letter handed out to A. Hitler before WW II was not written by Br Rutherford but by Br Balzereit, the Branch Overseer, they wanted the witnesses to believe that someone CHANGED the original words from the Society and his President. And this poor, guilty someone was Paul Balzereit (sounds like Oswald who apparently shot Kennedy...).

Problem is: The letter wich he "has changed" and wich tries to make friendship with Hitler, was fully printed at the american 1934 yb. And it was certainly impossible for the german Balzereit to CHANGE WHAT THE PRESSES WERE DOING IN BROOKLYN. So the letter REALLY was written by Rutherford!!!

Why all those lies????? Readm the Watchtower of 1989, 15th Febr. about talking always the truth as christian...

But as a result of that Lie-Campaign the guilty guy was Balzereit. He wanted to go back to Bethel after the WW II and traidors like Frost (who later was deposed as Branch Overseer AFTER german newspapers exposed him as a traidor in the sixtiees) put him on the street.

Decades of lies to the german bros.

And finally a Awake Magazin in 1995 admits that APARENTLY br. Balzereit wasn't GUILTY AT ALL!!

But now the poor one was dead and lived shunned for decades!!!!

And that Awake artikel was written AFTER James Penton exposed this facts....!

So the WTBTS always reacts in Damage Control. Truth about several things IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT, my friend.

Who runs the Society yet??

"Apostates" like those on this board??

It seems so, since the Society MOVES HIS A... always little time AFTER another bad smelling secret was exposed.

Please do a little research before coming to this board and discuss with everyone here at a more serious and honest level.

At least this is something we owe our Father and our Brothers!!!!

Happy Day!!

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That they are fully aware of the situation! Almost said it in a way of rolling his eyes-like they new this would happen yrs ago by the brothers who did not want this to happen.

oh, so there were some that were fully aware of the situation.....hmmmmmm....so, they KNEW that climbing atop the beast's back was tantamount to whorish bestiality (by their own, insane, untrue "prophecies" and interpretations), and they stayed with a religious organization that did that......interesting....
    whatever happened to their much loved, much heralded, pushed-in-many-a-christian's-face:
    "get out of her my people IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SHARE IN HER SINS!"
    Their blatant double, triple and quadruple standards are truly revolting. If there is a god, and he even remotely resembles anything they taught me, they are indeed in some deep, deep bovine excrement to quote the above poster.
    And this latest little spin of "our left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing, or at least was helpless to do anything about it" simply won't cut it. They will be judged, as their beloved Jesus said, by the same measurements they meted out for judgement (i.e., their obsessive compulsive stalking of Christendom) They're no better, no worse. Community responsibility was also one of the precepts they tauted regarding Christendom. Well, maybe they are a little worse, because of their insistance on obedience to death, so add a little blood guilt in there while you're at it.
    Interesting to see what other little spins they will come up with.
    Bridgette

• JT
    JT

Looking

thanks for the info

James

may i ask - what has moved you to look into a site like this?

• lookin
    lookin

actually jt by complete accident.
    now i am praying that certain brothers in bethel pay for the pain they have caused active people like me and pay for the greed that they are involved with

Only Time.... enya
    lookin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit