Positive Name For ExJWs...?

by ISP 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

LOL! YK....Accursed children is more likely to be the description of those who would continue to follow the WTS!

ISP

• Introspection
    Introspection

Jehovah's Witnesses Witnesses..? Or, Bob.

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

I can go along with the thoughts of Simon and Celtic above. I have spent my entire life being compartmentalized - you had to tell everyone at school and then at work that you were a JW just so that they knew what you stood for and so that your behaviour would "reflect well on the Organisation" (ie. you wouldn't get up to anything naughty!).

I like to think of myself now as an individual with a unique background and understanding of life. I am a member of many social groups: family, college, local community, world community and a support network such as this but I am also enjoying the freedom of no longer having a label.

Going from being compartmentalized as a Jehovah's Witness to being put into the Ex-Jehovah's Witness catagory is to leave one box only to be put in another.

I like the sentiment behind your suggestion but here's to freeeeeeeeedom!

• Grout
    Grout

We are FREE.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

xJW is a description. It is what we are. To attach any other word to it, other than semantic equivalents, like x-Borg, x-Witless, etc., is to risk, as other posters have pointed out, putting us in box which might not suit all of us.

I mean, look at us; we have science geeks, still-in-the-borg-for-family-reasons, assorted Christians, pagans, people who don't give a shit about what they believe, you name it...

We are all xJW's, or will be. But some name will imply we share things other than our former religious beliefs, which is not neccesarily true.

Anyway, xJW is only negative if you think of it as negative. I think it's positive to escape from a cult!

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Why don't we tell it like it is... SURVIVORS

btw I've been working on a few logos of my own which I'll post when I'm finished...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

[quote]We are:

Enlightened one's!

[quote]

"Illuminati", Englishman? You'll scare Logical, going on like that!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

"Those who have now have a life"

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Hi, my name is Farkel, and I'm a Recovering Cultist."

Everyone in unison: "Hi, Farkel."

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• waiting
    waiting

With one hand holding coffee, I extend my other hand to shake yours. "Hi, Farkel. I'm a recovering cultist too. Glad to meet you. Krispy Kremes are on the back table."

waiting - southern style

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit