Undefendable WT Lies

by still_in74 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• still_in74
    still_in74

w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***
    He had a "prophet" to warn them. This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women.It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses.

w724/1pp.198-199‘TheyShallKnowthataProphetWasAmongThem’***
    Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel’s work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God’s Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom

w72 4/1 p. 200 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***

To Ezekiel, in his vision, and, symbolically to the modern-day "prophet," the spirit-begotten, anointed ones who are the nucleus of Jehovah’s witnesses today, God gave something to eat. Ezekiel says:

"And I began to see, and, look! there was a hand thrust out to me, and, look! in it there was the roll of a book. And he gradually spread it out before me, and it was written upon in front and on the back; and there were written in it dirges and moaning and wailing."—Ezek. 2:8-10.

No space on the scroll being wasted, it being written upon on both sides, it was a full message, containing a great deal of gloomy messages of calamity, back there to Jewry, and today to Christendom. Why so? Because in both instances Jehovah’s professed people were so rebellious and set in their ungodly way that Jehovah had to pronounce judgment upon them.

The scroll was doubtless delivered to Ezekiel by the hand of one of the cherubs in the vision. This would indicate that Jehovah’s witnesses today make their declaration of the good news of the Kingdom under angelic direction and support. (Rev. 14:6, 7; Matt. 25:31, 32) And since no word or work of Jehovah can fail, for he is God Almighty, the nations will see the fulfillment of what these witnesses say as directed from heaven.

Yes, the time must come shortly that the nations will have to know that really a "prophet" of Jehovah was among them. Actually now more than a million and a half persons are helping that collective or composite "prophet" in his preaching work and well over that number of others are studying the Bible with the "prophet" group and its companions.

So Jehovah has made every provision for individuals to know him and to receive his loving-kindness and life. Thus there is no excuse for Christendom’s people not to know Jehovah. More than that, Jehovah is interested not only in the vindication of his own name but also in vindicating his "prophet."Through another of his ancient prophets, Isaiah, he said to Jewry just as he says to Christendom today: "Look! My own servants will cry out joyfully because of the good condition of the heart, but you yourselves will make outcries because of the pain of heart and you will howl because of sheer breakdown of spirit."—Isa. 65:14.

Thanks Blondie, great info - here is one to add to it

*** w82 10/1 p. 27 par. 8 BeasMenWhoAreFacingHar–MagedonUnafraid***At this late date there is a mere remnant of this "prophet" class yet on earth. The "war of the great day of God the Almighty" at Har–Magedon could not start before this composite "prophet" ends his work
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Here is one of my favorites! Johannes Greber http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Shores/3026/GreberWT2.html

• JK666
    JK666

My personal favorite:

They were caught in a really bad lie, when they used the "library card" defense as they were found out to be an NGO with the United Nations.

JK

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes, the talk had two titles. One was MAY never die, the other was WILL never die. The quote is technically true. The talk titled MAY later was published and became the "subsequent book" (titled WILL")

It's easy to check. Good topic, Thanks!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The quote is technically true

well i should have know better! isnt this what they always do? Plan an escape route ahead of time?

Sheeesh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit