alternative medicine/healing...tried any? is it nuts?

by oompa 26 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I have gone to chiropractors for years...and some are pathetic quacks....some really help me. I had severe tendonitis in my elbow and tried reg. doctors for six months...was helped more in one visit to a acupuncturist! But what about these energy fields...chi....and stuff. Acupuncture uses them, and they are old as dirt. Anybody wanna share some info?.........thanks......shalakka...........oompa

• Pickled
    Pickled

I don't know about energy fields, but I do know a great home remedy for a bad cough.

Take a big handful of laxatives, and you will be too afraid to cough.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I know several witnesses that swear by acupuncture. It was one of the few treatments that helped my mother's condition

when she was alive. Of course, they discard the energy field explanation, but witnesses are like that. They can embrace

the part they want and turn a blind eye to what they don't want to see.

• oompa
    oompa

shalakka...........pretty cool huh? Sounded kinda spiritual to me............I should have explained a bit more....there are other practices that claim to use these same energy fields in their healing, but do not use needles. Really wondered about those........oompa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chi energy flows through the meridians. Chigong is a practice based on the same energy. It takes in chi from the sun or stars or other places. It uses breath, visualisation and movement. After a few days of doing it, my sporadic ear aches of a few yrs stopped. Hasn't returned. Tai chi has some chigong in it. Some martial arts use chi manipulation techniques, as well. Demons sure are helpful ;)

S

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Based on mine and my families' experiences with various forms of alternative medicine, I'm inclined to think 90% of it is crap and 10% has some actual medicinal validity. Chiropractors practice "medicine" by manipulating muscles and bones, and while I certainly see the benefit of going to one for a out-of-place back or neck, expecting their help for anything more than that is absurd. There's a lot of quackery out there. And if a doctor or "healer" just happens to sell the stuff they prescribe, that's a big warning sign.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Well I believe in alternative medicine, especially Asian alternative medicine. Have you considered a acupuncturist? Asians have some of the longest lives of anyone on the planet and their methods of healing are reknowned. It can't hurt, just do your research and separate the real from the fake...

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

curezone.com is your FORUM for these types of questions

• aqaurian.mel
    aqaurian.mel

If the tendinitis is caused by a repetitive strain injury, go find a good massage therapist who specializes in Trigger Point Therapy (knots), it may be stemming from trigger points in your triceps. Good Luck. MEL

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yes, yes it's nuts well not all of it only 99%.

I was a massage therepist for several years and one of the reasons I got out of it was that everyone was into such %$!%ing quackery! Cupping, ear candles... Whatever... It's all bullshit...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit