Let's revisit the BLOOD POLICY and see if JESUS refutes JW teaching, Okay?

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Supporting thought:

Matt 12:1

1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath.” 3 But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions, 4 how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone? 5 “Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? 6 “But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 “But if you had known what this means, ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,’ you would not have condemned the innocent.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Enjoyed reading everyones comments and would have to unanimously agree with everything said.

" And my greatest commandment for all to follow is to love one another "

In all practicality though when a group of people come out and say they are god's own spoken voice that he is channeling his will and spirit to

any possible interpretation can be said and put forth, the proper word for this is called exploitation.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This is absolutely true, Terry. I remember talking to an older Jewish gentleman about my problems with the religion's blood policy. He not only confirmed that transfusions are certainly not eating blood to Jews, but that if for some strange reason, a Jewish person needed pork to live, a rabbi would be the first to perscribe pork! The point is, your goal is to save life, not destroy it.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

SirNose

Excellent point The more I look into Jewish law the more stupid the Blood rule is to me.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Excellent point The more I look into Jewish law the more stupid the Blood rule is to me.

Jews know transfusion is not eating blood because they go to school and become doctors!!!!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

SirNose Dude that is funny and so true

• granhermano
    granhermano

Is blood transfusion permissible in Jewish belief? There is nothing in Jewish law that would preclude a person from benefiting from a blood transfusion (or donating blood, for that matter). Furthermore, according to Jewish belief, saving a life is one of the most important mitzvot (commandments), overriding nearly all of the others. (The exceptions are murder, certain sexual offenses, and idol-worship—we cannot transgress these even to save a life.) Therefore, if a blood transfusion is deemed medically necessary, then it is not only permissible but obligatory.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i bet the wtbts have reasoned this way and haven't changed policy b/c of all the more lawsuits that would come at them.

or i'm giving the collective who are drunk on their own power too much credit.

thanks for posting this, excellent research.

• Terry
    Terry

The current membership at the local Kingdom Hall is composed, roughly, of two classes of people. I'm not talking about "anointed" and "other sheep" either!

The newcommers and newly converted are drunk on a headfull of doctrine fresh and robust that makes them stagger with self-importance. They cannot wait to demonstrate how strong and faithful they are. They gladly embrace (in principle) the notion they are ready to die to prove how spiritually strong they are.

The second group, however, is composed of older JW's who have been around the block several times with changed policies, wrong interpretations and other disappointments. These people have taken a few blows to their wellspring of "certainty" and are--while short of skeptical--certainly inwardly wary of absolute thinking.

The older JW's warily and suspiciously wait for Jehovah to knock some sense into the (collective) head of the Governing Body. They count on it happening sooner or later. They are like the wife who has taken a beating a few times who is promised by the brutish husband the next day that he won't do it anymore and that he is sorry.

The newcommers and newly converted have not yet considered how precious life is--their own or their loved ones. They look upon life as a log of wood to be thrown into the bonfire of vanity Jehovah apparently requires of those who serve him. They are martyrss-in-waiting looking for chances to leap into the flames and self-immolate for proof of their righteous zeal. For them, Jehovah is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of god.

The older JW's nurse their wounds and grumble among themselves privately. These people know (even in their cognative dissonant thinking) that something is wrong with the blood policy's erosions over time. The back peddling explanations have taken them to the point of confusion and despair with making it logical to themselves or others.

What a pitiful and cowardly waste of human life!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This is interesting information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit