UBM scores!

by RebelWife 8 Replies latest social relationships

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

It was another dreary UBM birthday. Birthday girl was moping around the house, trying to be mature. But wait -- hubby came home early with a card (a real one with the evil "happy birthday" words on it) and chocolate! UBM was rewarding him in a most unJW-like manner when the doorbell rang -- flowers! Now, I did pick out my own gift, but still, it was a gift. And there was a dinner reservation. I had a little cognitive dissonance of my own.

There's been a lot of stuff happening that could very easily push him back to them, so this was really, really unexpected. He may end up doing an about-face, but this seems like a very good sign. I've been coming to this board for help and hope, which I've gotten quite a lot of. Maybe this will give some other UBM a little hope.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

That's so encouraging to hear! I know I'm thinking of getting birthday cards for my family, and it has only taken almost 6 years to actually do so...so from my vantage point, that is a HUGE step! The blinders are coming off, methinks.

• BFD
    BFD
    UBM was rewarding him in a most unJW-like manner

LMAO!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! ! !

BFD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Cue me in...I'm fairly new to a lot of the Net short hand. What is UBM?

Quirky1

• carla
    carla

aww, how nice!

A ubm is an unbelieving mate.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Again, clue me in. What is LMAO?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Again, clue me in. What is LMAO?

• DJK
    DJK

Happy Birthday Rebel.

What is LMAO?

Laugh my ass off.

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

Thanks, y'all. He caught me completely off guard. Yippee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit