May 15th 2008 Study edition of The Watchtower as PDF file

by fokyc 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Fokyc:

Thank you very much fokyc! We appreciate all your hard work in providing these editions. Great job!

N.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Okay its been awhile since I've look at a Watchtower just because it sickens me...but WOW....I'm ready to punch the wall and I've only read the 1st page of the 1st article!!!!

well did you read the Feb 15 study edition??
    They discuss the generation change from "wicked" people to "annointed" people (New light is 180 degrees from old light?) Anyway - the reason we know the generation is the FDS is because JC said that "when you see all these things occur then you will know ...(italics theirs)
    The reasoning??? That the generationwould be those that would "be able to draw certain conclusions" about the signs of the last days.!

Can you believe that?? Draw certain conclusions?? Are we a little gun shy??
    So when JC said when you see all these things then you will know, "know" meant"draw unispired conclusions that, if wrong, can be changed later on since you are not inspired to draw conclusions, just guided in an effort to draw conclusions, and these conclusions will be drawn and changed several times over multiple generations spanning for more than a century"

Yes this generation of errant conclusion drawers will by no means pass away until all these things occur!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The article on the governing body specifically says that its members are of the anointed. This piece would have come in handy were I still an active JW because I frequently had discussions with uninformed Witnesses who claimed that there were now non-anointed members currently sitting on the governing body. I remember I looking through the society's publications to find something recent that said the governing body was composed only of anointed members, but I couldn't find anything. Those conversations really drove home the point that many witnesses have no idea what they're supposed to believe in or how religious decisions they are bound to follow are made. It's this kind of ignorance and allegiance to men that keeps JW membership from eroding.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Chickpea,

I assume you mean www.watchtower.org ?

That is on the original, I am not adding or subtracting anything,

You get what I get

fokyc

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Their article on youth is a real nice fresh turd, steamed up, hot and ready to be gobbled down.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    If possible, I'd like to see the public one, to see the difference in them. I'm trying to get friends and family out of this cult and the only way is to prove with their own literature.

I may be wrong here (imagine that, lol), but as far as I know, the study edition is different in every way from the public edition, so there's nothing to compare as such. The study edition contains study articles(!), while the public edition contains... all the other stuff. I think this is how it goes, but come to think of it, I don't think I've actually seen a public edition since after the change.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Here are links for the Jan 1st and Feb 1st Public Edition Watchtowers for comparison purposes:

January_1st_2008_Watchtower_Public_edition.pdf:

http://www.box.net/shared/vlrbn9we8w

Feb_1st_2008_Watchtower_Public_edition.pdf:

http://www.box.net/shared/g7hl9pp6o4

There was no demand for these so I stopped scanning them.

fokyc

• chickpea
    chickpea

Chickpea,

I assume you mean www.watchtower.org ?

That is on the original, I am not adding or subtracting anything,

mea culpa for intimating you were adding content, but t'was not my meaning at al!!

i was surprised to see it in a kool-aid edition since the faithful are urged ( bludgeoned) to stay off the inter-webz

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Chickpea says: "the faithful are urged ( bludgeoned) to stay off the inter-webz"

Interesting comment!

My wifes PO and several of the elders have told me that www.jw-media.org is an apostate site

That the information there is wrong and I musn't give any information there to other members of the cong.

It is all very confusing for the poor dubs!

fokyc

• still_in74
    still_in74
    My wifes PO and several of the elders have told me that www.jw-media.org is an apostate site

why do I totally believe that?!

I am going to mention this site in a room full of ppl just to see the looks i get. Everyone of them will think the same thing as your PO . I am certain they wont believe me when I tell them its an "official" site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit