"Captives of a Concept" Don Cameron Interview

by Pickled 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Pickled
    Pickled

Here is a link to a YouTube interview with Don Cameron, author of the book "Captives of a Concept"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGWzrHgI6M

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great book. Great interview.

I have contemplated how to go about using the book with family.
    Maybe I will succeed one day.

The great thing is that it takes a difficult doctrine to understand from WTS
    and makes it so you don't have to explain it. Just logically go from
    "If what they say is true, then...." Even a simpleton like me can get it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Pickled, for this link.

No wonder the Brooklyn Boom is being lowered: SS SOCIETY may founder and become a derelict ...

CoCo

• Pickled
    Pickled

OTWO, I thought it was a really good interview also. I like the way the book is arranged too, very easy to read and understand.

You're welcome CoCo. When I first started studying the WTBTS teachings, I thought everything was so clear and well outlined. So I thought that it was meant to be viewed logically and in a way that could be followed step by step. But I was wrong. It is only meant to be followed in a way that is prearranged, and not designed at all in a way that can remain logical when exposed to the truth. Whenever an attempt is made to make a logical comparison, that is when every answer starts to form a giant circle, and each response becomes more and more vague with many twists and turns. If you persist, then Phase II begins, and that is when the listener begins to distract from the truth being presented by attacking your motives.

It seems that the teachings were designed to repel the truth. The methods are designed to effectively maneuver away from all logic and reason. The "Reasoning" book that is the bible for door to door ministry is designed to effectively offer a prearranged answer in the hope that the member will not be tempted to engage their own personal reasoning abilities. It makes it appear as though the minister is an empty vessel apart from a script that they have been given and memorized.

An example of this is if you ask if they believe that the Governing Body is the "faithful and discrete slave" as repeated so often in all of their literature, and based on Matthew 24....the answer will be YES.

Then if you ask if the date of that appointment occurred in 1919 as indicated clearly and repeatedly in all of their literature....the answer will be YES.

Then if you ask if that appointment was based on proper teachings (food) at the proper time....the answer will be YES.

Then if you ask if the teachings that Jesus was inspecting were the teachings leading up to and including 1919....the answer will be YES.

Then if you ask why then did Jesus approve those teaching if the Proclaimers book, as well as other places in their literature, has stated that many of those teachings during that time of the inspection were WRONG.....no answer.

Then you ask if they were not providing the proper food (teachings) at the proper time (in 1919 they still did not believe that Jesus' presence began in 1914, but instead in 1874) how could they have possibly qualified to receive that appointment......no answer.

Then you ask if part of those qualifications were to be able to recognize the master when he comes knocking, and if they did not even know at that time that he was knocking at all, how did they become approved without even being aware of the process.....no answer.

Then if you ask them how the WTBTS society is that "faithful and discrete slave" today when no other inspection occurred since 1919 when they were not providing the proper food....no answer.

This is when all the memorizing and all the circular reasoning begins and the hearer of these particular and obvious truths starts to use all the tools available to repel the truth. It is not the "truth" that is the goal, it is defending "The Organization" that is the goal regardless of what the actual truth may be.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Pickled:

I must get this book, CoaC.

Your clear and concise presentations have benefited those to whom I pass them on.

Please continue to contribute ...

With gratitude,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit