bone marrow for dummies

by loosie 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm so sorry to hear that Delilah.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My dad was quoted in a WT article about this subject. I was still in at the time, about 1986 or so. If I recall correctly the article said that the bone marrow transplant itself was a conscience matter, but it usually involved lots of blood transfusions, which is what they quoted my dad about. This is still generally true.

I don't think my Dad ever knew about the quote, if he had he would have come down on the WTBS like a ton of bricks. I wish now I'd shown it to him.

Like everything else regarding scientific information and the Watchtower, well the two don't go together.

For links on the subject ( and my Dad if you're interested) see www.fhcrc.org

• loosie
    loosie

((delilah)) I'm sorry to hear that.

This organization is just so wrong.

I told me husband this morning that if he needs a rtransfusion and nothing less will save his life he is getting one. I will do anything to have here with me for a long amount of time.

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

My sister needs a "Bone Marrow transplant" Neither of us are witlesses anymore so the issue of blood was not an issue if you see what I mean.

I was DNA typed. Apparently for this new procedure you don't even need to be of the same blood type just that some of your DNA markers have to be similar/the same.

What happens then is this:- I am given a drug over a period of 5 days this overstimulates my immune system to produce Stem Cells at an abnormal rate. After the 5 days the Stem Cells are harvested via a type of Dialisis:- Blood is removed and a FRACTION is taken away I.E. the overproduced Stem Cells and given introveniously to my sister.

Apparently it does'nt hurt it's just needles and the 5 days I'm on the drugs I will feel like I have the Flu. Because the typing is a good match, the sucess rate is really good and the risks minimised.

She will need monitoring for a while to see if it's all worked if not then a "Proper" Bone marrow Harvest can be attempted as we are still a match this is as described previously.

My parents who are still witlesses were told that they could not be matched, by one of their loving elders as this was a blood transfusion effectivly (the Bone Marrow Transplant). However it was good to see their faces when I said the new procdure was only a FRACTION so they could have, if they wanted.

Apparently with siblings the chance of a match was 1 in 4 which are pretty good odds, and I was the Lucky one as I now am able to give my sister a "Gift" that no-one else ever could.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Blood, bone marrow, transfusions or anything else involving blood is no longer an issue to the Faith and any disciples that now exist in it. Why? Because human blood in all its forms that depicted condemned life and the sin that was carried along by it is no longer an issue for the Faith. This is because we are no longer under any Law that requires special use and care of it. Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant. And there are many texts that teach much the same thing as: 1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. From this time onward wine that depicted His blood would now serve this purpose for us. 1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Now some Jews in Jerusalem thought it still was and wrote a letter to this effect but they were still keeping the Law and this error made by them was not corrected by Paul as he should have. This attitude that Paul had at the time is much like what Catholics have of their Pope and Watchtower witnesses have of their sacred governing body today. This would plague him for many years and nearly cost him his life. The Watchtower and many other religions still believe in this ruling as they did and do not see the extensive efforts made in scripture to correct it. They support this apostate teaching made at that time and their support and doctrines have cost many their lives. It was recorded for us by Luke to show how apostasy could originate from within the Faith and why we should be aware of this reality. Luke detailed how this apostasy plagued Paul during his ministry and detailed the bad that resulted from it. The deadly results that such apostasy brings should be enough for us to recognize it. We as disciples are after all responsible for what we teach others and cannot put this responsibility on others when we err. Instead of being a teacher of truth Watchtower witnesses bring death to themselves and the homes of others that they involve. This doctrine is only one of many that scream out to us that they do not have the truth and never did. Human blood was no longer a factor for salvation back then. It would now be obtained: Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Is no one listening to this truth?

Joseph

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Blood, bone marrow, transfusions or anything else involving blood is no longer an issue to the Faith and any disciples that now exist in it.

Somebody needs a reality check.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Gerald,

And who would that be? False teachers like the WTS and its disciples? Yes! This is however not a problem for those in the Faith who know the difference between the truth and liers. After all they know what the scriptures really teach.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit