I discovered why God made Natural disasters

by Undecided 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was setting in church and reading Nahum Chapter 1 and he said he used wind, earthquakes, volcanos etc. to punish evil men who didn't listen to his word. He gets really mean sometimes.

Ken P.

• journey-on
    journey-on

If you aren't being facetious and really believe this, then are you saying New Orleans and Hurrican Katrina could have been an act of God's punishment.

That city needed to be cleaned up in more ways that one, but ??????. What do you think?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

She gets 'kick-backs' from Insurance companies.

• oompa
    oompa

Sure sounds like one angry muthuh here:

(Nahum 1:6) 6 In the face of his denunciation who can stand? And who can rise up against the heat of his anger? His own rage will certainly be poured out like fire, and the very rocks will actually be pulled down because of him.
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you aren't being facetious and really believe this, then are you saying New Orleans and Hurrican Katrina could have been an act of God's punishment.

That city needed to be cleaned up in more ways that one, but ??????. What do you think?

I think Jerry Fallwell was telling everyone that God gave us aids and sent the boogie men to New York to knock down the world trade towers.

I dont remember if Jerry was alive to talk about New Orleans if he was I'm pretty sure he said something like you mentioned.

Then I think God sent Jerry Fallwell to heaven. So he wouldnt be ridiculed for speaking for God.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Strange things happen, lightning struck a church near here and it burned down.I wonder what they were doing in there? A church up in the dope area was set on fire by some dope heads and about a half mile up the road ran into a truck and they burned up. Strange things do happen.

I really don't think God does any of it though.

Ken P.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It's funny to me how the Society focused for years on earthquakes as a sign of Jesus' presence. Then in the last decade as the weather gets a little weird you hear "natural disasters" as part of the sign as well. Um show me that scripture again? The earthquakes are there, yes. But the others? What's that Brother Speculator? But aren't you just changing things to fit the current state of the world? Oh it's in the Bible? Shut up.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wouldn't it be more precise and efficient if God used lightning to strike evil doers? Earthwide there are 6000 lightning strikes per minute, on average. Jehover could wipe out 144,000 evildoers in just 24 minutes!

Natural disasters are too messy, too infrequent and therefore inefficient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit