interesting article re blood and a newborn with complications

by proandcon 3 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
  • Velvetann
    Velvetann

Very interesting and well written article. Not often a doctor writes an article like that.

I am a grandmother of identical twin boys who were healthy but born 2 months premature by C section because they were in the same sac and would have strangled each other if they were to go to full term. So this article was very interesting to me.

Thankfully the Court intervened and saved the boys life, Or he would be dead now. It just makes me sick that a religion can do this to people and that they obediently go along with this interruptation of the Bible.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Good article. It ends with the judge taking the decision out of the parent's religious conscience. In the end, the JW parents were encouraged by the HLC elder that their conscience was clear, and they had to follow the judge's orders. In the United States, this is how the Watchtower and courts have agreed to handle the issue for young children. But, the Watchtower Canada does not appear to follow this 'let the judge be blood guilty" thinking. Instead, as we saw with the sextuplets, Shane Brady and his team tell the Canadian parents to fight, fight, fight against the blood transfusions, even when premature infants are involved. Further, we see the Watchtower getting more dogmatic when it comes to teenagers. The Watchtower lawyers want teenagers o tell the courts that they refuse blood.'s good to have this in print. Also, the article mentions a pamphlet...could it have been "How Can Blood Save Your Life?" If it was, I wonder if the judge/doctor knew about Louderback's Journal of Church & State's article that showed how the pamphlet is false and contains alot of misquotes and lies.

• Borgia
    Borgia

A very well written article I printed off for my wife to read.

I tend to agree with the appraisal of Christopher Hitchings....

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit