What Satanic Rituals???

by Nathan Natas 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi All,

In a recent post metatron and Judith mentioned in passing that Dubs they knew had been involved in Satanic rituals. Forgive my morbid curiousity, but exactly what sorts of rituals were these?

Bear in mind that as Dubs we were told that the rituals of the roman catholic Church were satanic, that Smurfs were Satanic, that Rock'n'Roll was Satanic, etc., etc. So maybe I'm desensitized.

Were these honest-to-badness SATANIC RITUALS? How did you know they were?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Enough bad results happen from the practices of the JW's, that are true and verifiable.

We don't need to muddy the waters by bringing up exaggerated tales such as "Satanic rituals". I was in the org. all my life until age 39. While I saw people act with the "rebellious spirit" of Satan, I never saw any actual rituals that even vaguely alluded to the devil or any harmful unseen spirit forces.

Such malarkey only bolsters the JW-defenders when they say we "lie" and "exaggerate" about the activities of JW's.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• radar
    radar

nathan natas

I notice that satan appears in your name spelt backwards!

spooky

Radar

All that we see or seem/ Is but a dream within a dream.

-Edgar Allen Poe

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Gopher,

Care to join me in a black mass? here, you refuse some of the blood of christ while i refuse to eat his body ;)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

hey radar your name backwards spells .. ~ooo too spooky~ lol

nuc

• Seeker
    Seeker

There was a rash of such reports, and not only among JWs, in the early 90s. Subsequently, it was found that most of these reports were not real memories, and the reports died down considerably. It must be impossible to not believe it if you, yourself, have such memories (as some on this board do), and I don't discount the possibility that a few oddballs in the world really do perform what they imagine to be Satanic rituals. But those of us who have seen the inner workings of the Society know that there is no organized ritual coming down from the top. Nor is it widespread among JWs in general from what I have seen or have heard.

Again, if you personally have memories of such events, nothing I just said matters. And it may be that you were a victim of one of those lone oddballs. But memories aren't as real as we wish them to be, as has been shown time and again in scientific experiements and police lineups. And I don't believe there are organized Satanic rituals among JWs.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jesus X. Christ, Radar! I never noticed that!!

I'll acknowledge Gopher's feelings about this subject, but I am still curious and would like an answer to my questions.

Since I'm not selling anything here (salvation or deprogramming or otherwise) I couldn't care less if some active JW takes offense at anything I have to say.

My question stands.

Seeker - what you've said is pretty close to what I believe may be the truth in most such cases.

My personal feeling is that Satanic Rituals are nothing more than dances badly done and that there is no spiritual realm containing creatures of any sort who can be petitioned for aid of any kind.

I'm familiar with "false memory syndrome," and that does not apply to my inquiry here. In the cases with which I opened this tread, these were instances where one person was saying that he knew someone else was participating in Satanic Rituals.

I'm asking "how do you know?" and "what did they do?" I'm not trying to put anone on the spot or make them defensive. I just want the story.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Unclebruce,

I thought of that too, before posting. But still what the Memorial shows is an ABSENCE of Christ & spirituality rather than the ACTIVE worship of the Devil. Point of view, anyone can disagree.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

No Gopher .. the JW ritualised refusal of Jesus sacrafice is almost identical to the Satanic one. Remember that the plate must be handed to each attendee individually and not just passed under thier noses or the 'invite forward' seen in most churches. I wasn't speaking altogether lightly. I believe this issue is worthy of further thought/investigation.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Unclebruce,

I'm intrigued - you mean that there IS a "Satanic Ritual" in which the emblems are passed AND REFUSED? That does sound familiar, doesn't it?

"...not that there's anything WRONG with that..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit