Get Your "Knocking" Postcards Here, Folks!

by LennyinBluemont 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

I just got an email about two hours ago, apparently based on the fact that I ordered the "Knocking" video via the internet. Here is what the email says:

ABOUT YOUR POSTCARD

You will soon receive a large postcard that says “Tell a friend” about KNOCKING. We hope you do.

These special postcards were mailed to everyone who ordered a DVD. Many of you told us that you wanted something to help show others what KNOCKING really was: an informative, compelling, balanced and accurate program on the history and current activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. There are also a large number of Jehovah's Witnesses who do not yet know about KNOCKING, but when brought to their attention, they express interest in obtaining the DVD. For this reason, p lease share your postcard with family and friends.

If you would like more postcards, we will send you a pack of 10 or 20 at no charge.

Email your request to: [email protected]
    Or call 1-800-343-5540

Please write “Knocking postcard request” in the subject heading of your email

Be sure to include your:
    Name
    Full postal mailing address
    And note whether you want 10 or 20 additional postcards (if you want a larger quantity, please explain the circumstances)

This appears to be a marketing effort to move them DVDs out. Since the target market is active JWs, this continues to confirm my feelings that this was basically intended as a "feel good" piece for active JWs, in order to sell a few hundred thousand DVDs. Notice it's encouraging contacting "other" JWs, not your neighbors and workmates. Oh well, here we go again. Using the congregation as a ripe field for marketing products and exploitation. In this case, the WT was very cooperative in the production. I wonder if they get a kick-back, or just a good feeling that the mind control can now extend from sources not "officially" part of the org, thereby giving the impression to JWs that they are not really in a "closed" environment. "See, even worldly people admire us!" Have you gotten yours yet? Maybe we should create a postcard for CoC!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

ooooops...

[email protected]
    Or call 1-800-343-5540

I have a feeling this poor girl is going to regret giving out her contact information.

People. You know what to do.

The Oracle

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Do you think they'll pay for shipping a large quantity to the UK?

Perhaps we might want to give them to everyone attending the conventions

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Many of you told us that you wanted something to help show others what KNOCKING really was: an informative, compelling, balanced and accurate program on the history and current activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Good Morning

I haven't heard of this "knocking" video until you brought it up. Is it Pro JW. Sorry if I sound dense

• carla
    carla

The fastest way to stop this would be to order tons all over the place and let them incur the shipping & mailing fees and then throw them out. I once tried to cancel a magazine subscription and they simply would not listen or cancel! (I wrote letters asking them to) At that point I didn't even care about the remaining money left on any issues that were due me I just didn't want the mag anymore. What finally worked was going to the library and ripping out every single postage paid subscription card and writing Please cancel this address! I must have sent out at least 20, finally the mags stopped. Not a huge expense for this one instance but still.... I have used the postage paid envelopes from junk mail to mail back to them anti witness literature too when I have been inundated with junk mail and frustrated by it.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Interesting that to a JW, "balanced" and "accurate" means any presentation that says only positive things and nothing negative about the organization...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Velvetann,

Yes this pro-JW documentary appeared on PBS last year. It was produced by a man who was raised JW but couldn't continue in it -- well you know how JW's view gay people.

Still, he presented the JW's through rose-colored glasses and avoided any tough questions. It looked like he did it as a favor for his ma or to pad his resume.

Here's an 8-minute overview on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4cS4n9ZkA

• horrible life
    horrible life

Now this pi$$es me off more, that they used my Public Broadcasting System, PBS, to air this.

I, like Lenny, thought that it was a little film maker, making a documentary. Now it looks like a for profit venture, in favor of JW's! Something is wrong! I wonder if this was authorized by PBS? I doubt it. I wonder if PBS knows they were hoodwinked?

Does anybody know the rules of PBS? Since they aired a pro-JW film, do they now owe it to anti-JW activists to air a anti-JW film? Tit for Tat!!!!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Do we have to get them from a " Knocking Shop?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit