Warning..........Windows Live Messenger Virus!

by ButtLight 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Beware to those who want to chat with Buttlight on Windows Live Messenger.....

Personally I think it's the ghosts in her house that's doing that.

I didn't tell her yet.......

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thanks for the warning!

Another one for folks to watch for too:

My Messenger was hacked into a few weeks ago in a less obvious way. I got a message seemingly from a friend on my contact list which read something like 'find out who's blocking you on Messenger' and a clickable link which seemed like a legit address. I clicked on it and it seemed to give access to my IM to another computer - I kept getting signed out and when I tried to sign back in, I'd be told I was already signed in on another computer. If you get a message like this - don't click the link!!

This one was solved more easily though - a change of password and the problem stopped

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    That was going to be my next step. Reading a few blogs, one guy had the same virus, and he has antivir, but it didnt fix it. Another guy said avast! fixed his, so I tried that, but it only deleted 6 things, not all of them.

You could always try "System Restore" to take you back to a point before the evil infection. If that works, do a full scan afterwards as some viruses (virii ???) hide in the restore files and reinfect later

Or if you know the names of the files that are infected, use a program called "Hijack this" to set the to be deleted when you reboot.

Good luck

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Problem is, when i delete the files, and reboot, my system becomes reinfected with the same ones! And it has a mind of its own. First it will go as a zip file to other people, then it will go as a link, and now, it lets me type to my friends, cuts me off in the middle of it, and adds its own words with a fricken link! lmfao..........ok, I think this is beyond me.......i get free "computer fixing" from our local computer store.....

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Not sure if it's the same virus, but have you tried this tool ?

Removing the virus from PC

To remove this virus from your computer, try using this tool. Download, let it scan and remove the virus. If the tool doesn’t work, visit Technibble.com for a manual removal solution.

http://www.technibble.com/downloads/removal-tools/MSN-Virus-Removal-Tool.exe

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-remove-msn-virus-project-1-generic2exo-backdoorgeneric3sat/

• wednesday
    wednesday

i recommend " counter Spy" I recently had a back door irc Trojan, and AVG could see it but couldn't kill it. Mcafee could not even see it. I got counter spy and it saw it and got it. it is not too much of a memory hog either. I'll goggle it.

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Home-Home-Office/Anti-Spyware/

disable the windows messenger. counter spy has system protection that will do that for you when you ask it to search for security leaks.

• llbh
    llbh

Thanks for the warinngs very one

Regards

David

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

How'd the fixing go buttlight?

Maybe this guy can help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest