ANY`BIBLE CHARACTERS' IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY CLAIMING TO BE MOSES ,JESUS OR WHOEVER

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Just elders that thought they were GOD!!!

NMG

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

None that thought they were actual bible characters but lots people either possessed by the Devil (usually new ones) or harrassed by demonz (usually old-timers).

We had so many crazies in the Hingham MA congregation that one time, my daughter who was about 7 at the time, asked me if there were any "normal" people who were Jehovah's Witnesses? Lilly

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Badboy,

You certainly know the right questions to ask. We had a dentist called Phill Mcavity.

We had a sister who had the powers of a witch ,when she put her hand on your knee you would turn into a layby.

Charles Dickens met a man called Moses but the man had a cold at the time and when he pronounced his name he said Boses so Dickens used the name as a pen name but shortened it to Boz .Hence Sketches by Boz. Not many people know that.

I heard of Luke Lively quite often before going out in the ministry.

There was Ham on a congregational picnic once.

We had some Worthie Originals .

We had a few Cretins.

Bro. Dipstick, well that's what I heard him refered to.

There was a brother disfellowshipped for armed robbery his name Robin Banks.

I don't know how to clean this one up but here goes.We went for a chinese meal after the meeting and once inside I went into the kitchen and asked are you W**king the chef and he said no I'm Fo*king the cook.

Well you did ask.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Speaking only for myself, this was not an issue in any of the Kingdom Halls with which I was associated. However, I recall reading that this IS an issue in Israel's "Holy Land." It seems that every year, Israeli police have to deal with people - mainly foreign tourists - who "snap" in a psychological sense. They undergo a sort of mental breakdown [or in clinical terms, an "acute psychotic episode"]. These poor souls then have to be institutionalized for their own good. I read that men often believe they are either Jesus Christ or John the Baptist, while women suddenly feel that they are one of the Marys named in the Bible. This is a big problem in cities such as Jerusalem or Bethlehem. It happens routinely; the Israeli cops have to deal with it on a regular basis and may even have a specialized "bureau" to handle cases of foreigners found wandering around and speaking incoherently. The theory for why this happens holds that people who are already pre-disposed to such delusions are overwhelmed when they visit the "Holy Land". They are totally overcome by the historical "weight" - the historical gravitas of these places. The Holy Land is the most holy for the followers of Judaism, Christianity,and Islam. Actually,I think that it would be interesting to study this phenomenon more carefully. although it is a sad phenomenon. It would be interesting to see where these people come from and what religion they adhere to. It would be interesting to see which Bible character they identify with. And in cross-cultural terms, it would be interesting to see if this phenomenon has been observed and documented in other parts of the world deemed to be "sacred ground." For example, would a person claiming to attain "Buddha-hood" in the Lord Buddha's supposed birthplace be considered as divine in some sense, or as suffering from psychopathology?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My Sissy's now-dead abusing hasbeen used to holler at her and their kids, "I'M JEH---HOH- VAHHHH"

• Undecided
    Undecided

Maybe a Lot.

Ken P.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We had alot of Judas Iscariots like my Elder boss.....who sold me out for a handfull of coin.....alot of Jonah's who are mad the end didn't come yet.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

There was a lady on the Ark called Mandy Lifeboats

One or two disfellowshipped as follows

Mary Juanna Potsmoker

Tommy Gunn Gun Collection

Scott Free He got away with it

Robyn Decradle Inapropriate behaviour

Share this