God does not have Multiple Personality Disorder

by Cephyr13 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cephyr13
    Cephyr13

A Jehovah's Witness once said that the Christian God of the Trinity has Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD). This goes to show their complete lack of understanding of the Trinity and how to explain it.

God does not have Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD). He created us in His image, having three parts. You have mind, body and spirit. The Bible says we have "spirit, soul and body" (1 Thess 5:23) So, the soul is the mind, will and emtions. So you have a physical body for the physical world, a spiritual body for the spiritual world, and a mind/soul that connects the two. So you are three parts in one person. God is the same, but His three parts are far more powerful than ours. Yahweh's (God's) mind is The Father. His physical body is the Son, Jesus, and His spirit body is the Holy Spirit. Three in one. This unlocks the mysteries of verses in the Bible like the one in John where he says, "No one has seen the Father at any time." Why is that a problem? Because Moses saw God on Mt. Sinai. And Abraham saw God in Genesis 18. And many of the prophets say they also saw God. If they did not see the Father, who did they see? It's simple: Can you see your mind? No. Then you cannot see the Father either. They saw Jesus if they saw God in the physical world. And they saw the Holy Spirit if they saw God in the spiritual world (heaven). Jesus said, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father." I found out recently that this is exactly what the Baptists' teach, and I felt deprived that I had to figure it out on my own when I could've just asked the Baptists. lol

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Except there isn't one shred of evidence for this "spiritual body" at all.

• feenx
    feenx

That's quite the theory you've got nailed down there...

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I like this explanation of the Trinity. Makes perfect sense to me. -Potential

• Gopher
    Gopher

As a non-believer at this point, I perceive the multiple personalities of the Bible God to be the God of war, fear and judgment in the Old Testament, whereas the same God is the God of peace and love in the New Testament.

I think the New Testament did a better marketing job of the god-figure.

• Sirona
    Sirona

JWs try to make the trinity sound laughable. They laugh at people who believe it. Its just a way for them to ridicule other religions.

The trinity is an acceptable concept - I don't personally hold that view but I can see why bible believers do.

Sirona

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I'm agnostic after 35 years of being a JW. I don't know if an All Powerful god like Zeus, Thor, Kali, Jehovah or thousands of other gods people have worshipped over the centuries exist.

But, from what I read in the Bible, especially the OT, I have to say, yes...that god has MP Disorder. He has this blood lust that just won't quit.

*He punishes ALL descendants of just 2 people whose crime was stealing a piece of fruit.

*A few years later, He destroys all people, animals and plant life on earth, except a handful He allows on the "Ark." Then...then...He expresses "regret" and promises He'll never do that again !

*He sends plagues against an entire country, kills all the 1st born innocent male babies -- all to make one (1) mere, mortal, dictator pharaoh let His "ungrateful, stiff-necked people go". Why ...when that same god could "...count all our hairs on our heads..." he was somehow unable to shoot a lightningbolt (act of God) into Pharaoh's head and end the problem ???

*He sent "His only Son" down to earth to die for issues He himself started. I.E., the Bible god could have 'whacked' Adam & Eve for their 'sins'. Then, started over with Fred & Wilma or Barney & Betty. He didn't have to punish their children (and us) for the "sins of the father." Even us mere humans would not allow that kind of unfair 'justice' today.

*Now, this same guy is gonna send His "Prince of Peace" son back to earth -- again. And this time -- after spending 2,000 years with his Daddy -- will come back in a murderous mood. With a big sword at the head of an Army of 'angels'. Armageddon = just another chance to slaughter off some more of His creation for the way they think.

*Then, lastly (well, probably not...) JW's (maybe others) see in Revelation a "thousand years of peace," THEN...Yep...another Judgment Day !!!

IMHO, The Bible Story God does not have Multiple Personality Disorder.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I agree that my understanding of the Trinity teaching as a JW was very different to the explanation I received from a Baptist. It was the first time it actually made some sense to me at all.

Maddie

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"BibleGod" (thanks Dave) seems rather arbitrary and unnecessarily cranky, even if he might not have a DSM-IV diagnosis. I was pretty surprised that he changed his mind about bigamy, and only because man was so "hard hearted". If he can change his mind about that, he could probably change his mind about anything - if we're just stubborn enough.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt is dishonest about the catholic definition of the trinity as well. While the official wording is to the effect of 3 persons in one god, the wt insists that it is 3 gods in one person. During my swift exit, i noticed that a bro giving a public talk on the trinity did the above, Afterward, i went up to him and explained that he had the definition wrong. He said that he defintely did not. We argued back and forth for a while. I brought out my make sure book and showed it to him. He walked away. Page 386 of the 57 make sure book, quoting a catholic appearing source says plainly "In this one God there are three distinct Persons,". If the wt DID have the truth about the bible god, they wouldn't need to lie like that.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit