All hail the "organisation"

by jefferywhat 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

This is just a rant from me today, something that I have noticed all my life, but now as an adult bugs me more.

The org has become a quasi god, it has its own "approval" which was cemented in 1918 and as a JW you cant question it at any level, you can question individuals( casue they are imperfect) but the Org is perfect, it is theocratic therefore ruled direct by Jesus, any mistakes are our fault.

The "society" is beyond reproach in the eyes of so many.

It makes you realise why there are so many non spiritual people in the org because all that is expected is unquestioning obedience to a fleshly organisation and you will be saved, spirituality is perceived through obedience to their rules.

Sure they encourage prayer and mediation and to " make sure of it yourself", but they dont support it culturally.

They have assumed the role of light receiver so ME as a dedicated JW has to look to them to be saved.

IMO its borderline idolatry, harsh I know and I may change my opinion after I have a coffee but it seems as though the WT symbol is like Moses copper snake.

*not endorsed by Tula in any way ;-)

• journey-on
    journey-on
    not endorsed by Tula in any way ;-)

(I miss Tula....I thought her stuff on symbolism was interesting and thought-provoking.)

I think you are right about the organization becoming borderline idolatry. Their strict

rules, the ritualistic routine, and even their elevation of the GB/FDS to almost "god" status

just reeks of idolatry.

Interesting post, jeffreywhat.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The WT Society leadership --- they're a lot of Pharisees. That's what they are!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Glad you are seeing the organization for what it truly is.........an IDOL, 100%. I started noticing this too when I was still very active in the org. and actually pioneering. I knew of many people who would never open thier bibles but on the other hand kept years and years of magazines lying around because they felt it was a sin to throw them out. They equated the magazines, i.e. the organization with God more than they did the Bible itself.

How sad how many have been led astray into idolatry and don't even know it. Peace, Lilly

• wokeup
    wokeup

I agree with J.O. the ritualistic atmosphere where pre-selected answers to pre-selected questions cultivate the mindset that whatever is spoken from the stage

is revered as sacred. I can't picture the apostles thanking God in their prayers for the 'provisions' from the 'slave'. I've even heard governing body members on stage

refer to the FS as if they weren't even part of it. Talk about strange. I can't visualize Jesus saying to himself " I'll create a billion dollar publishing corporation for

people to join and put their trust in for salvation". The arrangement to me seems so far removed from the first century example found in the NT.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good point Jefferywhat , this thought crossed my mind years ago too

The policy of not questioning the organization on anything seemed wrong on so many levels, the faithful were to wait and be spoon fed

the spiritual food . The true and righteous bullshit wasn't allowed to be examined or questioned and the mental entrapment was the status quo.

• real one
    real one

the wts is an idol..look how the jw act when you speak against the wts

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

They explicitly dedicate themselves to the "organization" in their baptismal oath. Enough said.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

All hail the "organisation"

Seig Heil!

Well not really.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is not borderline idolatry. It is blatant idolatry. Join the Watchtower Society, and you are blatantly worshiping the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. They tell you what to do and what not to do. They tell you not to use independent sources to research their doctrines. They will expect you to follow their rules, even if you can prove them wrong with the Bible. That is blatant idolatry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit