SPELLCHECK

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Someone posted, "Where is spellcheck?" I have a trick I learned a couple of years ago when I got onto some BBs. Most boards do not offer a spell checker. What I do if I can think of it is type up my responses or original posts in WORD and use that spell checker. Then I cut and paste it into the browser.

Hope this is useful to someone.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I have done what you suggested before but the other day, after typing up a reply, I noticed a button on the Google bar up top that says ABC check. So, now, if I remember, I click on that before I submit my post. Does you have that option?

sheri

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Google bar up top that says ABC check. So, now, if I remember, I click on that before I submit my post. Does you have that option?

I don't have the google toolbar but that sounds like an excellent reason to get it!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Yeah, it is nice. Would have been nicer if I would have noticed it a few months ago.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

A red line pops up under the word if I spell it wrong. Thats happens for everyone, right?

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Mine does as well, peppermint... but it didn't always. At some point I was on a message board and clicked the spell check icon and did a quick download or plug in of some sort (I'm pretty sure it was windows based) and ever since then the red wavy line shows up when I misspell a word.

• blondie
    blondie

Unfortunately cutting and pasting WORD into JWD does not work...you have to use notepad or wordpad. But you could put it into notepad then cut and paste after using Word's spellcheck.

• mouthy
    mouthy

All you clever people. I still have to look in my dictionary ( some times I just spell it wrong & hope you know what the heck I mean

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sometimes, I first type my posts in compose mail (email). It has a spellcheck. But it doesn't get the words that are spelled *write* but used wrong or the words that should be combined (grammatical errors). I find that as I age my spelling gets worse. And I've learned that I type phonetically. If I'm thinking *to*, I may type two or too; or their, they're, there; so on and so forth.

I'm not trying to write a paper for school; so hopefully, no one's grading me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit