Computer Help needed

by skeeter1 6 Replies latest social family

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Say, I'm searching on Google to buy a present. I put in "glider flights" Now, when I put in anything that starts with a "g", there is a scroll down menu that shows my previous search of "glider flights" I don't want this to show. It's a birthday present for someone......who also uses my computer. How do I get my past search off of Google? Help, Skeeter

• Gopher
    Gopher

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so you could click on Tools, Internet Options, and then from here (I'm not sure) -- you click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files, and/or Clear History.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

If you are using IE, go to google and type in glider, that should drop down the window and bring up "glider flights." Move your mouse over "glider flights" and it shoud highlight it but don't click your mouse. While it is highlighted, press delete and it should take it out.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm on a ac. I deleted hstory. It till comes up. I try to delete on it, to no avail

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

try this:

" There's also a method to remove all your past searches, in one go. Of course, if you do this, you'll also delete any other form-based information that Internet Explorer may have saved.

To do this, in Internet Explorer 5 or higher, select "Tools" from the menu, then "Internet Options" and then choose the "Content" tab. Next, look for the button at the bottom that says "AutoComplete." Click on the button which will make the AutoComplete Settings window appear. In it, click on the "Clear Forms" button to delete all your stored form entries."

Does that help at all?

• zev
    zev

rm -rfv * Oh your using M@#$S@#$T Windows....... fading away gave you the correct answer.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I did it!!!! I am using Safari on my Mac. I hit Safari, and then Reset Safari. I asked it to "Clear Google Searches" It worked!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit