Anybody ever head of this Church Org - Looks like a JW Clone--

by Trippin2962 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trippin2962
    Trippin2962

http://www.ucg.org/ check it out Even their mags look like W & A

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It isn't a clone, but it is just as dangerous.

Throughout its sixty years of existence the WCG has been responsible for considerable devastation to the lives of thousands. Families have been left destroyed and financially impoverished. Members and child survivors alike have been victimized by emotional, spiritual, sexual and physical abuse.

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/artcls/wcginfo.htm

• blondie
    blondie

United Church of God

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The United Church of God, an International Association (UCGIA) [1] The UCGIA calls itself "The United Church of God, an International Association", with the last three words italicized as shown here. [2] This is done to differentiate the UCGIA from local congregations and denominations which also bear the name of the United Church of God. [1] [3]

The UCGIA is governed by a commission, which is as follows: "We trace our origins to the Church that Jesus founded in the early first century. We follow the same teachings, doctrines and practices established then. Our commission is to proclaim the gospel of the coming Kingdom of God to all the world as a witness and teach all nations to observe what Christ commanded (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20)." [2] UCG was formed after a series of major doctrinal changes that were introduced by the leadership of the Worldwide Church of God (WCG, originally incorporated as the Radio Church of God) in the 1940s. These changes altered many of the doctrines and the mission of the Worldwide Church of God under the leadership of Herbert W. Armstrong.

As an International Association, UCGIA has members worldwide. The first president of the United Church of God was David Hulme who was the former communication spokesman of the WCG. In early May of 2005, the United Church of God Council of Elders named Clyde Kilough as the current president.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nope, never heard of them. Looks familiar though.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I never cease to be amazed at how un-unique the JW's are.

I thought we were unique, I thought no other religion even came close to us.

But they are not unique in any way at all.

cept maybe the Jesus died on a tree thing, I don't know of any other group that believes in that one.

• inkling
    inkling

Damn, THEIR Satan is a frickin multi-headed T-Rex! How awesome is that??

alt

No fair

[inkling]

• badboy
    badboy

I GOT THEIR PLAIN TRUTH MAGAZINES BACK WHEN HERBERT ARMSTRONG WAS THEIR LEADER

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, this could just as readily be a "PR worksheet" for Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh-Day Adventists or The Mormons or The Christadelphians etc., etc. Jehovah's Witnesses are by no means unique - they just might be better organized and have more manipulative strategies in place to "motivate" members to get off their butts and sleep walk their way from door-to-door.

The website of the "Church" you refer to is a Orwellian template that no single group has a monopoly on: The public face is almost always the same: Sterile, smiling faces, with nice, clean faces and discreetly tasteful clothing, a cosy-fuzzy message of love and hope, that hints at a scholarly background that stays there: In the background. And, always, always the tired, old claim to be 'simply going back to the Scriptures'.

These groups are almost interchangeable in their bland PR. It shows how much the public face of a religion such as Jehovah's Witnesses has radically changed from the severe austerity that preceded and followed World War Two. Rutherford, cranky old master manipulator that he was, got one thing right: "Religion is a snare and a racket".

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Holy crap, the Dubs need to recruit some of their artists. I'd almost be tempted to read the magazines if they had pictures that badass in 'em!

• heathen
    heathen

I seem to remember some scandal with group on one of those news shows , maybe somebody can refresh my memory on that .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit