Doom Metal

by DoomVoyager 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

by your avatar, i can tell you're a candlemass fan.

i wouldn't call myself a fan, but i like what i've heard.

according to wikipedia, i'm into death doom, which is a stupid label, but whatever.

swallow the sun, novembers doom, early katatonia, early anathema. black sabbath counts too, i guess.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Yeah I don't consider death doom to be TRUE doom, it's more like "really slow death metal with violins".

Sabbath wouldn't be death doom at all, heh. They're very borderline between heavy/doom metal and really bluesy, dark psychadelic rock.

Oh, and yeah, I am a huge Candlemass fan, thanks for noticing.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Not bad , nice mellow music.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Some of the music on DJK's video was ok - some, I found a bit tame and wouldn't class it as doom or death, one of the bands should've left their lyrics out, it sounded like they just added them for fun - singing was crap and about nothing in particular!

In general, I like all music types, but what I listen to at any one time depends on my mood - I'm pretty dark at the moment lol!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Which one had the crap singing, Solitude Aeturnus maybe? His vocals are very unique but are certainly far from "crap".

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just checked back through the list - it was actually Count (edit) Raven which didn't impress me much! The music would have been fine minus the lyrics.

Solitude Aeternus was ok.

Maybe its because on the whole, I think I prefer metal without any lyrics (or as few as possible!).

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Count Raven is one of the doom bands on my "list to check out", I haven't heard them yet. I'll have to pick up Destruction of the Void and see how it is. Also need to check out Orodriun.

NP: Facebreaker - Human Spoil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit