The PEW Forum on Religion and Public Life just released today...

by juni 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"Juni-Bug" I like that, Baba !

If y'all look around on the site, find the statistics chart on education accomplishments for the various religions. JW's do decently for graduating High School @ 51% compared to the general population. But, check out "college grads"...they are at the very bottom with 6%.

Rabbit

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sorry -- missed Oompa's thread here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/153740/1.ashx

So there are at least 13 threads (aside from this one) telling about the Pew Forum study.

I did a search on occurrences of the word "PEW" in this forum on the last month. I encourage anyone to do such a search before posting a JW-related news item that is more than a day old. Maybe it'd be better to have fewer meatier threads than to have many short threads posting the same 'news'.

• carla
    carla

now we know where to find ALL the threads on the topic. (just marking, again)

• juni
    juni

((sweet Baba girl)) and ((Mr. Rabbit))

Yeah.. in a perfect world there would not be blunders such as this. I, too, thought it was an interesting site to bookmark. And as Carla said, now the info is in one concise thread .... thank you Gopher.

In the Summary of Key Findings there is listed this info which is very telling:

Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses

To personalize this posting a little.. my daughter had spent close to 2 hours of her time w/a representative of this study last year. She was excited to see the results when they came out. She will continue to participate in this ongoing study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit