Little People, Big World

by MsMcDucket 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

New show tonight! Comes on 7 p CST. I love Amy! What's going to happen to Matt? Is he going to jail?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I hadn't heard of this show. So naturally I went to Wikipedia (thinking that the information is mainly correct).

Little People, Big World is a reality television series produced in the United States that airs on TLC. The series follows the six-member Roloff family living near Portland, Oregon. Many of the show episodes focus on the parents, Matt and Amy, and one of their sons, Zach, who all have Dwarfism.

Season 5 is expected to premiere on March 3, 2008. [2] It is expected to be started with a court trial involving Matt Roloff being acquitted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI), but being found guilty of refusing to take a Breathalyzer test and crossing out of his lane in traffic [3] . Seeing as this was his second alcohol related incident in 5 years, having previously been through a drunken driving diversion program, his license was suspended for 3 years and he was fined $742 plus $103 in court costs. [4]

Premise

The show follows the daily lives of the Roloff family — parents Matt and Amy, and their four children, Zach, Jeremy, Molly and Jacob. Matt, Amy and Zach are little people, while Jeremy, Molly and Jacob are average height. Teenaged Zach and Jeremy are twins, despite the fact that they are not both dwarfs.

The family lives on the 34-acre Roloff Farms, located north of Hillsboro in Helvetia, Oregon (a suburb of Portland). Although crops such as peaches and pumpkins are grown and sold by the family, much of the farm has been converted into a series of playground set pieces for the Roloff children. They were designed by Matt, who spent most of his childhood in the hospital. He has tried to make his children's lives the best possible.

Episodes of the show typically showcase one or more members of the Roloff family engaging in everyday activities such as shopping, athletics and dealing with household finances. The drama of the show arises from the fact that many of these activities are made more challenging due to the height of the dwarfs in the family — Matt and Amy are 4'1" (124 cm), Zach is 4'4". (132 cm).

As with any reality show, the segments that are aired are ones that are expected to generate viewer interest. However, Little People, Big World avoids portraying the Roloffs in a stereotypical or sensational light. The situations encountered in the show are ones that most families deal with, although the ways in which the Roloffs deal with them are unique to them and are from the perspective of dwarfs.

The Roloffs have several close friends who appear regularly on the show, among them actor Martin Klebba who has known Amy for over 20 years.

• avishai
    avishai

Anything you wanna know, pm me, my buddy is a cameraman on the show.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Anything you wanna know, pm me, my buddy is a cameraman on the show.

Wow! Cool job!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I thought that I'd find out what the verdict was going to be on the show tonight; but, no, gotta wait til next week! Bummer! Avishai, I'm tempted to ask; but I can't. Who knows, I may give in and ask after a few days of anxiety!

• Cc81
    Cc81

i am so fascinated with that show its not even funny.. that and Jon and kate plus 8...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I love that family.

lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I love this show too. The first 2 1/2 hours will be rerun next Monday before the next 2 new episodes.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am really a huge fan of this show. One of my sons is too so I can chat about it with him. My hubby is NOT, so I have to reserve my enthusiasm when I see something I am excited about. Hubby and I see the Roloff's accomplishments through entirely different "eyes".

I missed this last week but I will be sure and tune in again tonight. I have been pretty faithful watching rerun after rerun so I would NOT miss anything new....and got tired of waiting! Thankfully, they repeat the episodes so that they are able to be seen again, LOL!

Thanks for the heads up!

hugs,

Annie

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I watched last night,...Matt was in court for a supposed DUI. He said he'd only had one Corona, 4 hours earlier, and he was having trouble driving his wife's van.

He refused the breath-a-liser.

Someone on the jury got on the internet, so they decided the jury was contaminated.

The attorney gave Matt a choice of waiting for another jury could be selected, or having the judge decide. He decided on a judge decision. The judge gave him a not guilty on the DUI, but a guilty on the refusal of a breath-a-liser, and a guilty on going over the yellow line.

I think he lucked out this time.

Why is Matt always so argumentative?

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit