i hate the feeling that I'm constantly being controlled...

by cognac 20 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Dear Cognac,

I get truly upset when I read posts from nice people like you, who are being hurt so much by this RIDICULOUS religion and its culture of judgementalism, and its high control tactics. They are so insincere. So unloving.

If you would like any of the hounders taken care of, and if you trust me, send me a private message with their contact information. Now, when I say taken care of, I am not talking a Soprano's style taken care of, I am talking about getting to them on an intellectual level to help free their minds, or at least to shake them free enough from the grips of the mind control they are under so that they might leave you alone.

I have found that when you can reach someone's mind with enough quality information that causes them to doubt "the truth" - they all of a sudden become less zealous in their attacks on others.

When their "faith" in the man-made doctrines of the WT is weakened, they lose their power to hurt other people as a WT drone.

Sounds a bit corny - but it's all true. I observe it regularly, and hope to see it even more frequently in the coming weeks and months.

Let me know.

Someone who truly cares (along with many others HERE),

The Oracle

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Love you, Honey,

I am so sorry that you are going through this, but one day you will be free. You

will look back on this and laugh!!!

I know it is hard to believe, but you will.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was like that for me while I was out in field circus. I couldn't do anything but walk like some kind of machine that was perfectly set up to walk in perfect strides, not sliding on the ice, getting ahead or behind the group, or any kind of irregularity. That collar button had to be done up at all times, no matter how hot it got. I found that the only way out was to just stop going out in field circus altogether.

Problem is, that will bring Brother Hounder in for a hounding call. They are really cracking down hard on people that skip boasting sessions or slack off in field circus (because they are losing too many that have had the time to think). Unless you have family in, you might want to transfer to another congregation unofficially (and keep putting off transferring the official records). Then start missing meetings and field circus altogether. When you fail to get your quota of hours, they will now have a hard time deciding whose job it is to hound you. Ultimately, you can drop out.

Or, if you don't have family in, you can threaten to send in your disassociation letter if they hound you one more time. Be prepared to follow through on that threat. One thing the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger hates is to have people disassociate, since that cuts down on the new recruits. And, it reduces the potential for growth in both numbers and in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• senora
    senora

I'm under a microscope myself right now because I'm trying to fade. I've got 2 BOE's on my a$$ right now. Its actually funny and I'm just trying to have fun with it. The PO in congregation that I left a couple of months ago is angry because I left and he couldn't destroy me, so he has this tentacles locked on to the new BOE where I'm at now. But I've got something up my sleave and I'm gonna blast them soon.

I find that these schemes that these elders play are terrible. I mean they even send regular rank & file dubs to call me and/or spy on me, its an insane assylum. But I'm too smart for them. Every scheme they come up with I thwart it in some engenious way and they are so dumbfounded, they don't know what to do next. It really amounts to a stupid sick game. I look at it like a chess game. So I'm just making sport out of this whole situation. Yea, its a game and I'm winning, they can't succeed in setting me up and they are not going to destroy me nor discourage me nor controll me. I know every game in the book, and every ploy and scheme, I'm the master of this game. The important thing is not to give up any information that they can use. Learn the art of not answering questions. Don't let them think they are getting under your skin.

I don't understand why they waste their energy in this way. Its sad that so called spiritual leaders would have to resort to such behavior.

• dawg
    dawg

Senora, I had two elders come to my door during UGA football season... I told them they could come in and do a bong toke, and drink a beer, but I was too busy watching the Bulldawgs play ball right then to talk about that sh**.

Yet somehow I didn't get dis-fellowshipped... I guess they didn't know what a bong toke was? When they finally decided to have a JC, a friend called me on the phone and said "we need to have a meeting, we're worried about your spirituality". I told him almost exactly this... "we have been friends for a long time, its a shame that you're a liar". He wanted to know what I meant? I said "you called because you've heard that I've been sinning and this is a JC not a meeting about my spirituality". Something to that effect. He said I was right, then I called him a liar and said "I can answer right now anything you need to know about my alleged sinning, it's not true... now next time you call don't start the conversation off lying.". Then I told him I didn't have the time to meet with liars.

Never heard from them again.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Their control is full of liars!

They chat and talk and lead you along without confiding what they are thinking or being up front and truthful with you!

Elders especially do this so as not to expose themselves and keep everything turned against the individual!

It's how they keep in control!

It's how you feel deep down they don't have love in them!

It's how they try to say deceiving you is not lying but being discrete whilst you are kept in the dark!

The original liar was all about deception and they are full to the brim and overflowing till they even have your family doing it!

And your gut feeling is spot on!

Stay true to yourself and walk away from their Tower of lies!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Cognac - hopefully you and your husband will be mentally free soon. Then you can have fun with it as others have said. Whenever someone is hassling you - you are now in a different place. You don't have to feel repressed. Instead use your mental energy to come up with funny replies. Keep them guessing. See if you can shock them, or turn their suggestions around on them and say you're offended by the advice. Have fun with it. Even if you have to fake anger - always be smiling on the inside. Personally I don't have a poker face, so I usually end up smiling on the outside as well. Then I just walk away laughing. Their power is all in your head. Once you deny it - it's gone!

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Well, it sounds like to me you are amoung the few who don't like being in a CULT, have you ever thought of telling them to just pound sand?

• thepackage
    thepackage

Read Allegory of a Cave by Plato. I found this very helpful when i was dealing with the same feeling you are feeling right now.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- The insidious and tricky thing about being in a " mind control " cult is that most people in a " mind control" cult , don't realize they are being controlled. YOU DO , because you are educating yourself, informing yourself as to the real " truth " about the alleged " truth " in the witnesses. But that being said , that alone will not change your relatives views, at present anyway . Give it some time. Your husband and family , as misinformed as they are ; feel like they are " saving " you from yourself from getting " deceived " by other non- JW thinking.

I know it sucks feeling controlled . You have the right to stand up for yourself and question them too. Share with your husband or family what you've learned about the witnesses that you disagree with. In a careful way expose the child abuse scandal to them . Tell them it hurts your conscience to continue going to meetings knowing about these injustices. The one thing about power is people can only have it over us if we let them ! So, grab the power stick back , stand up for yourself , in a way to convince them to leave you alone with their jargon. It can be done. If you want to keep your family , just be careful in how you do it. PM me if you want some ideas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit