WATCHTOWER to adopt new rule

by What-A-Coincidence 10 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Watchtower picks up rule that schools dropped ... "The 2 second hug rule". Like the rule about not being alone with someone of the opposite sex unless in view of others.

New rule to be imposed at all WATCHTOWER gatherings.

• flipper
    flipper

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Watchtower adopted this rule. Oh, you say they already have this rule ? Thought so. Aloof WTS ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have so damn many rules that it makes the actual courtship impossible. They are making machines and robots out of people, and I don't think it's at all acceptable. Whether in school or the Kingdumb Hell, it is not acceptable to have this kind of rule.

• dinah
    dinah

Thinking back, I can't remember people hugging at all in my congregation.

Schools today have so many petty rules. My kids' school has a PDA rule, but they don't enforce it strictly. At least they use a little common sense. My daughter and her friends are all big huggers. They all hug each other and tell each other they love them. I never did that with my friends when I was in school.

Back to the WT. They have too many rules about courtship. You can't get to know someone well enough to know if you want to spend the rest of your life with them. After all, you are never supposed to be alone together. Then you have to take their standing in the congregation into account. Are they spiritual enough (do they worship the WT)?

Their rules also stunt platonic friendships between boys and girls. Of course it seems the WT doesn't believe those relationships are possible.

• freydi
    freydi

The petty rules are all the rage. The big ones get ignored or flouted.

• TD
    TD

Only in Mesa.....

This is the school district that suspended a 2nd grade girl for having two of the little St. Jospeph's baby aspirin tablets in her possession. (Her father is a police officer...)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The dirty minded gibbering buddy has imposed BAD manners in France.

As you are aware, in that fair country, people greet each other with a kiss on each cheek - this is polite. To refuse is as rude as putting your hands in your pockets in America when somebody goes to shake your hand.

Yet the witlesses are discouraged from such good manners at meetings. I only hope it makes visitors see the witlesses as the rude and wierdos they really are.

HB

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

in [France], people greet each other with a kiss on each cheek - this is polite. To refuse is as rude as putting your hands in your pockets in America when somebody goes to shake your hand.

Well, Hamster, many people kiss one another on cheeks in France, but not everybody does and only with friends. We usually do it with someone of the other gender (mediterranean men tend to do it more readily with other men), and it is never as casual as shaking hands. It's quite true that the WTS has "advised" not to do it at the KH, for a reason I can understand, that is, it creates a sort of segregation between those who get a kiss and those who don't and the latter ones may feel they're not part of the club. Now, quite a few still do it with their close friends, I do it and no elder has ever openly disapproved of in front of me in the last ten years. I suppose some frown on it though since the WTS stand on this subject hasn't changed, to my knowledge. Depends in fact on congregations and elders and I don't know what the practice is in other countries.

• Renegade
    Renegade

I'm really started to think that Witnesses hate freedom. Witnesses say that He gave us the wonderful ability of free will. In their opinion, this means that you do what He says or you are blown off the face of the earth. Yep, there's alot of point in having free will if you can't use it, isn't there?

• oompa
    oompa

Can dubs at least grab some ass in that 2 seconds?..............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit