Prayers,good thoughts,today please

by mouthy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bite me
    bite me

I don't know of the guy, but I will pray for Jim Penton. He sounds like a wonderful man.

On the subjects of prayers. I do have a question. I remember reading somewhere that JW's are taught that they are not to pray for the healing of someone and that if someone does pray for someone and it comes to pass (for the good) it is the work that is not of God and is of the devil.

Would someone be able to verify that?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember reading somewhere that JW's are taught that they are not to pray for the healing of someone and that if someone does pray for someone and it comes to pass (for the good) it is the work that is not of God and is of the devil.

Would someone be able to verify that?

Oh I dont ever rememeber that being taught.. I cant ever remember any one ever praying for any one that was ill. I have no idea about prayers for the sick. I pray for all I know when they are ill. I did for my "passed" on children constantly ,they died. !
    As you must know by now. I think for myself. I NOW believe that I can pray for all. But the final discission belongs to MY GOD ( I put that in Capitials as I know not all believe)
    I was very upset when they died. But now seeing what is happening to those that was left behind in their familys ,I Believe God knew my Melanie would have been devasted, she always thought her kids( whom I love dearly so did she)were perfect..Believe me they are NOT!!!!..And Alan was suffering terribly -so that kind of suffering is best to have left behind.

But if any of those who were "teachers" in the K.H. heard what you asked about I would be glad to know. ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit