Toronto Weeps: Jeff Healey Passes Away (41 yrs. old)

by RAYZORBLADE 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I have my own Jeff healy story. When the Pepsi train was going across Canada, late eighties early 90's, I was by pure coincidence, at some railyard near a hostel, in Edmonton. It was the middle of nowhere. I was the only one there. Not a dime in pockets, and this train stopped right in front of me. The doors flung open and it was Jeff Healy. He played just for me. Very Surreal indeed! He was sitting with the guitar in his lap.

Did anyone else experience his Pepsi train concerts? That was a happy memory of when I first left home. Rip Jeff.

• compound complex
    compound complex

What a discovery I just made thanks to your links to YouTube - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

Condolences to Jeff's family, friends, fans ...

CoCo

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Wow,I didnt know that he had died!Damn,I met him once or twice too,Nice guy,Incredible musician...We were lucky to have him as long as we did..sympathies to his family....

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yes, a sad day indeed. Such a tragic end to a life well lived. It brings back sad memories of another great Canadian player who died tooo young, Lenny Breau, though his misfortunes were self inflicted and not handed to him by brutal sleight of life,

Unlike most of us, who will die without rippling the waters, he has at least left behind a legacy of work that will stamp a sense of immortality on his memory. Though his blues and rock guitar was magnificent, his heart was in jazz and his few jazz cd's, which are well worth hearing, show a huge talent on the rise.

HS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My daughter had a boyfriend, actually it was Julian's father, who used to play Angel Eyes for Carrie on the jukebox at Waffle House. Later I found out that it was written by one of my favorite musician/singer/songwriters, John Hiatt.

Looking at this Angel Eyes video, you can't tell he was blind. Very handsome. His mullet was even cute. How sad. He'll join the great rock and rollers in the sky. There are a lot of them. I'm sure he'll be welcomed. And for athiests: how can you believe a talent like Jeff's will die with him? This kind of thing proves to me there is more than just this life.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Giving the three albums I own a spin today. He was too damn young to die.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Earlier this week I heard he had to cancel a show due to the cancer coming back.

We frequently had public service announcements regularly about support cancer survivors. In the announcement he said he lost his vision as a young child due to cancer. How sad that it came once again.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It makes one appreciate that each day is a blessing to be alive. It is sad to see anyone die so young. It is sad his son has the same inherited genes for this disease, his daughter is ok.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=96dd979b-604d-4b10-bffb-ad126fed902c&k=57139

Hope4Others

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I hadn't heard about this until now, thanks for posting it. What a very sad loss indeed.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let's let his own guitar begin the mourning.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MJh3KaIKDAw

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit