The UN Library Card Scandal

by mikepence 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lookin
    lookin

Here is a portion of the letter I sent to the WTS:
    ----------------------
    My biggest concern is that if I was able to get this letter, how many more brothers and sisters without the organizational background will get this and flip out? I am not naïve about the organization, our faith or life. I have been put through a lot in my young yrs of only 32. But if I am questioning it, I know that other brothers and sisters are questioning it. If the apostates got hold of this-just think “Wathtower Society part of the United Nations from 1992-October 2001.” That would not be good. Maybe I am making more of this than necessary, but it does not look good on the Internet. Especially when you go onto the United Nations web site and the official address, fax number, phone number of the society and what group that they are associated with, Human Rights.
    -----------------

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I have a question regarding the following on Mike's site:

"As it happens, it is not true. The WTS published a brochure in France which highlighted their work alongside the UN in Africa, pointing this out to try to add to their credibility. When an airplane crashed in Africa, owned by the UN and carrying JW missionaries, it was a matter of public record with the United States FAA. This was way more than a library card."

How can one access this information from public records? I would like to add it to my list.

Now a comment about this. Why were the missionaries on an airplane owned by the UN? Were they being taken back to their homeland or were they on a joint mission with the UN for some human rights cause. If they were on their way back home for a visit to their homeland, then why did I make a donation for that if the tab was being picked up by the UN?

If they were on some kind of joint mission with the UN, what was the purpose of such?

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello mikepence,

congratulation for your excellent

analysis of the WTBS letter. Great effort and brilliant

result. Could you post it also on the main thread :

" Major news UN/WTBS .." so that it'll be seen by a greater

number of visitors.

Thanks and greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. I've saved for the file...to use it.
    I hope you won't mind.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Richie
    Richie

Looking.... It's commendable that you dared to post on this board and of course your preference to remain anonymous is perfectly understandable.
    You stated that you are sure that certain brothers close to the Governing Body will surely be punished for what they have done because, as you so innocently exclaimed that "after all it is Jehovah's Organization" or similar in that vein of thought...
    Let me tell you that all of the GB had full knowledge and is therefore reprehensible and guilty before Jehovah without a trickle of a doubt. Furthermore, I personally believe and for that matter all God-fearing individuals, that one of the strongest proofs that the Borg is NOT guided by Jehovah (and cannot therefore be rightly called God's faithful and discreet slave class) is the ongoing and deliberate cover-ups of all the erroneous predictions and flip-flop opinions made all the way from the beginning AND their stubborn and systemic refusal to admit guilt in any way shape or form throughout their existence. True, all men are imperfect and they are liable to make mistakes, but the representatives of the faithful and discreet slave class would HAVE to be forced by means of God's spirit to direct it in an orderly and non-controversial manner at all times! Never did the GB apologize or even humbly admit that they were gravely wrong, not only in the UN-debacle, but in numerous other endeavours. Not once did they apologize, not once did they take the blame...but went so far as always blaming the rank and file witnesses!!!
    Please be openminded and read several threads pertaining to the grave blunders they committed over a long period of time. I know that you were never able to investigate what the Society has done, because they deliberately left you and the vast majority of innocent witnesses in the dark and they were ready to disfellowship you if you dared to think differently or have the audacity to read "apostate" (yet researched and truthful) literature...
    Take an example of the noble-minded Beroeans who carefully examined the Scriptures themselves daily as to whether these things were so. Of course the Beroeans did not get d'fd for their "great eagerness of mind", but those who check things out today and search out the scriptures for themselves, will likely get d'fd.
    How closely do they remind you of the Pharisees in Jesus' day - they had the truth at the time in the form of the Mosaic Law Covenant, yet they made everything invalid by their arrogance and callousness in administering the directives and principles of the Mosaic Law, so that they lost God's favor and spirit alltogether.... Are you beginning to see how this applies today within the Governing Body? Imagine if this were God's organization, would that not show a mockery of God?
    Food for thought indeed...

:*) Richie

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I reviewed your response to your letter. I think it is good.

hawk

Edited - After reading it a third time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit