Happy Mother's Day

by free2think 12 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

Happy Mother's Day all you lovely mummys.

I'm spending the day with my lovely mum, which i know is a great priviledge, and i am so grateful that I have her to support me.

So Thank You Mum for being there for me and helping me get the hell out of the borg.

And to all the mothers i hope you all have a lovely day and get spoiled rotten.

• quietlyleaving
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

You made me well up with emotion there.

I want to say happy mother's day to your mum too because she is special and you are both lucky minxettes to have each other.

( american mother's day is a different date to the brit one i think ~)

• free2think
    free2think

Aww Crumpet you're my adopted sister remember.

Yeah the american one is later on in the year, can't remember exactly when though.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not sure about merrycans....

but i just wished happy mothers day to someone in australia and they didnt know what i was talking about....and was well annoyed that none of her kids or boyf had got her anything...

but she googled and theirs isnt till May 11th...lol

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

One of my family's "firsts" for this year is our first mother's day. My little boy made a card for his mom at school, got her flowers, chocolates, and a book. He's so sweet. He woke me up at 6:00 so we could secretly wrap her present. She's having a nice relaxing day doing some artwork. I guess I'm cooking dinner.

Not sure if I should ring my own mom tonight, or if that would just piss her off.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Didn't realize that american mother's day was in May! I guess my (american) mom wouldn't be pissed off at my call because she wouldn't even realize it's mother's day here.

• free2think
    free2think

LOL Tij, well at least you tried.

Thats so sweet MissingLink. I hope your partner has a lovely mothers day.

As for calling your mum, thats a toughie, it sucks that it has to be like this.

• free2think
    free2think

I just got back from a lovely lunch a Wagamamas with my mum (mum's choice) and my dad even came too.

Im still mot sure if he knows it mothers day ( prolly does, he's pretty smart) but it was nice getting together as a family.

I hope everyone else's Mothers day is going great too.

• DJK
    DJK

Mother's day in the states is May 11th this year. Always the second Sunday in May.

I was born on May 10th and once in while it falls on Mothers day. Good grief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit