Wost parents in the world - but humanity steps in and restores some faith

by Bumble Bee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

This poor kid, watch his face when he thinks he got the Xbox and then watch is face when he realizes it's a joke. Kids don't understand 'you know we can't afford ....", he truly thought he was getting his wish. I'd like to smack some sense into these parents - what they did was just wrong!

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is just wrong. And to laugh at the child, too. I couldn't watch the entire video, seeing that poor child's face. I'm glad someone is actually giving him an XBox but can somebody find him a new family?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Holy freakin crap! We just all watched an episode of his life that is going to scar him permanently. Not only was this horrible for his family involved, but its also a public humiliation.

The poor kid. An XBox isn't going to fix his problems.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Whether this kid gets an Xbox from his family or due to the kindness of strangers, somebody should turn this video over to children's services where this kid lives. This was psychological torture on film, and there's no way around it. When my step-kids were growing up, my husband and I used to play good natured jokes on them, and they grew up with a great sense of humor. But we never torturered them. God, this is so upsetting. I can hardly believe that there are actually such as_hole_ out there.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Some people don't deserve to have kids

• choosing life
    choosing life

That was not a joke, more like emotional abuse. Maybe they posted it to get a free x-box? If so, it worked.

• delilah
    delilah

I could hardly watch that video. That child was SO upset...I've never seen that kind of disappointment on a child's face. That cut right to the heart of that boy!

What kind of a parent goes to the trouble of acquiring an x-box BOX, just to put clothes in to fool a child?

And who the hell was that person laughing in the background?? They need a good kick in the slats, and then some! How cruel.

I hope the child gets an x-box 360, with all the accessories and a ton of games!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not sure if ya'll looked at the actual You Tube site.

According to the info accompanying it, the kid DID get an Xbox and that the prank was played because he had been sneaking around the night before to see what he had gotten. My take is that he saw the box and the family found out (which isn't too hard to do) and decided to play the prank.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but just that according to the original poster of the video there was more to the story.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

thanks for that Black Swan. I did not see the original youtube video, just the link I posted.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

It doesn't matter if he got an Xbox or not...the fact they laughing at him and playing this joke was cruel. Another thing I noticed is, if you listen carefully, his brother actually says "Jonathon, look at the camera and cry"...he will be damaged for life with this. It will always be something in the back of his mind. They are teaching him to distrust people along with learning how to NOT show sympathy and empathy for others. I can imagine him growing up with emotions cold or shut off. If they did this once, how many times do ya think they do this to him?

How sad :-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit