Elders in their 20's?

by Princess Daisy Boo 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

My little sister called me just now. Exciting news - stop the presses - her husband has been made an elder. She is 27 and he is 26... Is that not a little young to be an elder?

I dont recall elders being elected so young - any ideas...?

(Random Thought: Does baby sister being a bethalite and an elder's wife make up for apostate big sister?)

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have heard and seen younger than that. It didn't make sense, but then not much the WTS makes sense.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Where I'm from, they were making some guys elders when they were 25, and this was back in the 1980's.

One I know burned out, another went on to be a circuit overseer.

They need to use them up before they get too old or cynical !!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

I know these two brothers - one 17, the other 18, they were made elders. They would have made it a year earlier, but they had only quit smoking a few weeks when the circus (CO) came through town. They were so overjoyed, they bought the other elders cases of beer.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I too have heard of elders younger than that. Calling someone an elder that is youthful, is a contradiction in terms. Most likely, just a favour from someone in the little club, to give their little man some status and a leg up in the world.

Elder, anyways, is just a name to cloak what they really are, and that is judges. Any idea how many years of studying and practise of law to actually become a real judge.

That'll be the day I will take any council, advise or judgements from some guy who just finished high school. Enlighten me oh worthy one, of the grand pecking order! May I shine your shoes?

Dynasties of the past and a few dictatorships today, still have the old, "he's in the family so lets make him king mentality." Raul Castro is a perfect example. So is the late Suharto's son, Bambang in Indonesia. Who's the " Boy king Tut" of your hall? Where's the middle finger emoticon, when you need it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My mother used to get offended when these child elders came to do shepherding calls on her. She was in her eighties, lived through the depression, lived through the war, spent time in a concentration camp, escaped East Germany, had 2 marriages, 4 children, one of whom died young, and I could go on and on. What could she possibly learn from these arrogant little shits?

W

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I was appointed as an elder in 2004 when I was just turning 27... it happens - I even conducted the school and was the secretary too till I saw the light and bailed on that crap 14 months ago...

• MOG
    MOG

my brother has been an elder for years and he just turned 28..but he just left the organization as well...you might find him at a bar with tattoos and shaved head, earing, etc...and doesnt want to talk to anyone..not even me and I dont even care that he left..Im happy for him

• minimus
    minimus

I was 24 when I was appointed, the youngest in my area, ever.

Young elders believe they're smarter and as wise as the older guys.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Talk about a oximoron: "young elder."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit