New Site Problems

by The Searcher 12 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Simon - I'd sent you an email regarding this problem;

I cannot see the CAPTCHA facility to enable me to prove I'm a HUMANZEE and log-on.

So I could not gain access to my account and participate - despite trying numerous suggestions provided on the Internet.

I tried one last thing - I downloaded Mozilla Firefox (never tried it before)  and it by-passes the CAPTCHA function and gives me access now.

I look forward to getting acquainted with the new-look web site.

Thanks Simon.

• poppers
    poppers
    I use Firefox and sometimes I have to prove I'm a human and sometimes not when signing in.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Searcher, if you cant see the Captcha number embedded in the picture, just brighten up your brightness level of your monitor.or you can simply click the arrow that is shaped in a circle,  that will change the captcha to something different. .

• Greener
    Greener
    Given all the problems that so many have had on here now with the new site etc..can we conclude that this has all been a horrible mistake?
  • Simon
    Simon

A few teething problems for a couple of days over xmas is an inconvenience, not the end of the world. People seem to assume that "carry on as it used to be" was even an option - it wasn't.

Sometimes change is necessary and there are issues along the way. I'm working to sort them out but in the meantime, no one died. 

• Simon
    Simon
    BTW: Are you using any form of ad-blocker? I saw one KB article that suggested this could interfere with the reCaptcha control appearing.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sailing the titantic as if it were unsinkable Was a horrible mistake

Flying a hydrogen gas filled blimp with thermite covering was a horrible mistake

bunging jumping out of a blimp 100 feet off the ground with 150ft bungee cord is a horrible mistake

a few sign in issues dosent seem all that bad....  But i do like your flair for the dramatic greener :)

• violias
    violias
    some of you guys are being a little tough on Simon.  Please don't make me post that song from Frozen, "let it go" . 
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    No ad-blocker installed that I know of. I'm just glad to be back on to the site.
  • Odrade
    Odrade
    Getting used to the new navigation, but it all seems to be working fine for me, with the exception of the PM counter which says I have -1 new messages. :) 

Thanks, it was definitely time for a forum update. (Also, I'm ecstatic to get rid of that silly fairy avatar.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit