Missing The Good Old Days!

by Outaservice 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Lets see now.........

Monday night: Prepare for the Tuesday night book study I will conduct. Also, have the family Monday night Watchtower study preparation.

Tues night: Drive over to an almost inactive Brother's house to conduct the book study. Prepared questions for the children ahead of time. The answer was always 'God's Organization'!

Wednesday night: Prepare for the Theocratic Misery School which I will conduct. Also, prepare a talk or two for the Brother's who called in sick this week at the last minute. Prepare a Service Meeting part (Giving someone 'hell' for not doing enough!) Can you do more?

Thursday night: Two plus hours of bad songs and talks. Getting tired as the week progresses. After the meeting, have another meeting with a sister in the library. She was doing what??????

Friday night: Quick buy some groceries but get done as soon as possible as we have a committee meeting at 7:30 tonight. Oh no, she did it again! Try to get to bed as early as possible, Saturday morning field service you know, want to be as fresh as possible to conduct the field service text, etc.

Saturday morning: Hit the doors a little. (Had to hire someone to mow my lawn) Arrange for a pre Watchtower study at another brother's house in the evening. He needs a little encouragement. Hummmm, might get a little popcorn and sing a few Kingdom songs. What great fun!

Sunday morning: Get up early for the Public Talk which I get to give and then the Watchtower study. Bring a sandwich to the Hall so I can get right out in the afternoon field service. To hell, with the football game. Conduct the weekly family study Sunday night. (The Revelation Book again, Ha.)

Man, I miss the good old days!

Outaservice (who wishes he was back having fun again)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm finally mad about all the precious life energy I've spent on that shite.

Grrrrrr.

Anyway, yeah, I'd rather waste my life on somethin' else now. :)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Making sure everyone has pressed, clean meeting clothes ready for each meeting. Trying to get everyone fed, bathed, dressed, hair combed and fixed. Making sure everyone's bookbags are prepared and have proper literature and lessons included. Putting on make up, styling hair, putting on those DREADED pantyhose, even in the 100 plus degree heat.

Packing the diaper bag and stroller for the baby to go out in the 100 degree heat and the crying older sibling. Don't forget the paddle or wooden spoon.

Putting cranky babies, toddlers or older children to bed far past their bedtimes on a school night. Getting same cranky people up the next morning after getting too little sleep.

Putting up with JW husband who never lifts a finger to help do any of that above stuff.

• yumbby
    yumbby

It has been about five years since I was in and I still get such a thrill to sleep in on sunday morning, or watch TV on those dreaded thursday nights. I wonder if it will ever get old. Its thrilling.

• oompa
    oompa

outta...how did we do it??? it is like a thick fog now....and I have a walk in closet full of suits getting dusty!...I have not had to wear one in sooo long. I may start giving them to dub friends of mine....that could be fun...giving away my suits in the KH parking lot!............oompa....

they are all 34 and 36 waist....42 long.............oompa

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Flying high now..you put a big smile on my face..

Especially the part about the JW hubby not helping..well mine did..he sat in the car and honked the horn!..

Letting me know the next time we weren't ready on time we would all stay home..What was I thinking...

It wasn't that we would be late..he just wanted to go early to get the back seats and visit..then after he would be the first one out!..

Snoozy..aw...those WERE the good old days weren't they? NOT!

ps..They were the good old days when we didn't go to meetings or out in service..
    pps..We used to fight over who would stay home with one of the kids (3) if they were sick..we both wanted to.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I forgot about all that sh*** - interesting.

The thing I miss most is putting on those ratty old suits. You could never afford a nice one, and the ones you did wear got worn out really quick. It just plain sucked. Woo hoo- circuit assembly time - show off you're new suit! Whoopee....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    giving away my suits in the KH parking lot!....

I think the better idea would be to buy a cheap clothing rack. Place it out front of the KH early one Sunday morning. Hang your suits on it. Hang a sign over it that says, "Free suits. First come. First served. Please take only one." Hide. Watch the brothers or sisters fight over the suits. Possibly watch some brother arrive first. Read the sign. See him look both ways. Then pile all the suits into the trunk of his massive, amoured, four door service car.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Letting me know the next time we weren't ready on time we would all stay home..What was I thinking...

That wouldn't have worked on me. I'd have called his bluff.

Packing enough gear and food so we could sit at the top of the convention and never have to leave to change a diaper, nurse a baby, or get food. The only time I'd have to leave was to go to the restroom to powder my nose.

Going to the mother's room to nurse a baby and staying for two hours.

• dinah
    dinah

Good one, Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit