Isn't nepotism and bias the main reason men are recommended for Eldership?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Yes, absolutely. From my experience in my last couple of congos, it is 100% politics and 0% holy spirit.

PO had to give a talk assuring the hall that the elder body is not just an old boy's club, after realizing the bulk of the congregation thought of them exactly that way! VERY VERY SAD The fact that they had to give that talk spelled it all out for me...hypocrites!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    We have 4 Elders who are all related. The oldest Elder recommended his son and son-in-law for Eldership years ago and all were chosen

wow... sounds like my last cong. PO and son-in-law were elders. Other 2 had been there for 30 years and were all buddies. Then ones elders brother moved in and he became elder. Then one elder studied with an inactive brother - one year later he was an elder.

Then an old bro. elder moved in from the big city and stirred things up a bit. He stayed an elder but they didnt use him or even invite him to Elder meetings. Didnt fit into the click

What a joke it was/is.........

• Borgia
    Borgia

Please read: Becoming an elder in 6 months.

FROM PUBLISHER TO ELDER IN SIX MONTHS

Cheers

Borgia

• Maddie
    Maddie

All I know is that when I said I wanted to be an elder, they said that I didn't qualify because of being a woman. I can tell you I thought that was very unfair bias.

Maddie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

All I know is that when I said I wanted to be an elder, they said that I didn't qualify because of being a woman. I can tell you I thought that was very unfair bias.

Maddie

Wondering out loud - would a woman with a sex-change surgery qualify? Jeff

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

If you are an elder, it's embaressing if your sons and sons in laws are not elders too.

Elders pull out all stops to get their sons appointed, the other young bros in the hall are just TOL.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

I heard that in one congregation 9going back some time now), the best way of moving up the ladder was to screw a certain elder's wife.

Although she wasn't too bad looking by reports, there was one particular self righteous brother that wouldn't do it. When he confronted her husband about the situation, he said didn't believe him and he was facing for the Judicial Committee for spreading lies about his wife. In the JC, she denied the allegation and said that she was never unfaithful to her husband. He was stripped from being a MS and lost all his priviledges. He went ballistic after that.

During a one meeting, he broke into the elder's house and found several home videos of her with different brothers in the act and the elder was filming it and participating as well. He then went to the Kingdom Hall approached the brother after the meeting and told him to fess up to the true story of what they were doing. The elder said he had no proof, and the brother opened his bag and said "I have all the proof needed."

To cut the story short, the elder and his wife were DF, along with another recently appointed elder. The brother didn't want his privileges back and he eventually left completely. However, the elder that had the video tapes went to the police and charged him for break and entering and stealing.

So much for the brotherhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit