found in the ASPEN TIMES...Editorial

by hillbilly 49 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

mkr,

I agree with you completely about illegals. Heck the fact the title is "illegal" immigrant says it all, doesn't it?

The Bush administration has been a disaster in this area. They do not inforce the laws, they absorbed the INS, numbers of illegals have increased in the millions, and they want to introduce some kind of guest-worker pass????? Who is that going to help? Who does cheap labor always help?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

By the way, my county is doing fine and expanding at a rapid rate, all of your jobs are coming down here, thanks to your union.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I responded to the wrong thread, so sorry...carry on!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Sweetface.

poor poor angry white male, I guess $30 an hour isnt enough. boo hoo hoo. Tissue?

• TD
    TD

Gopher asked a question: So, about exactly WHAT is the "angry white man" so angry these days?

and Jankyn answered it far better than I could have: .....the single most privileged demographic group in the history of the world...

It doesn't matter what gender, sexual orientation, or ethnic group you are. No individual appreciates having their successes (and failures) in life attributed to their demographic group. It pisses them off, and rightly so. Group and aggregate statistics have absolutely nothing to do with individuals.

How does an intelligent, hard working, successful woman or person of color feel when an idiot redneck denigrates that success and writes it off to affirmative action? If they're anything like me, they would want to strangle the moron. He's obviously not getting any blood to his brain anyway.

The situation is hardly any different when that type of judgement is promoted by a politician.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I can see it now-------Hillbilly driving around town in his $50,000 gas guzzling SUV, chugging down beer and belly aching about how the "white man" can't get a break in this country. These are the types I have seen it from.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Junction Guy... how much support do you send to Amanda? Still married? Still a little confused about the proper use of your pecker and bunghole? Get over it.

Knoxville has always had a big union presence... just because you can't get a good job out at Oak Ridge or UT ... well I guess you just have to get along the best ya can.

I suppose Hairdresser's College was full...... that's the job most wanna be gay boys get if they want to drive a better car and rent a nicer trailer down in them there hollers.

Those Union gravey jobs... every year I worked out of the hall I paid my own expenses... and spent over 20,000 miles a year going to places where the locals could'nt spell powerline, much less build one. I dont complain.. me and most of my entitled buddies make around $80-120 K a year if we are willing to spend most of the year away from home. Myself, I have been lucky enough to live in a region with pretty steady work.. my morning commute is usually just less than 2 hours- depending on were the work site is.

I guess the 2003 Chevy (129,000 miles) that gets me to work is pretty special. I get to write a bit more off my taxes when it hauls cattle or hay on weekends.

Maybe I am not angry enough... I dont get to drink and drive my SUV ... I pay for a CDL licencse out of my pocket ($80 buck a pop) and pay for a Medical card to keep that Licence (the Dr Exam is about $80 bucks every 2 years for that).

I always liked those folks in Kentucky and S Ohio... single wide trailer... 82 Buick or what ever... who know enough to cash a welfare check... turn in for a WIC card for 3 or 4 kids with who dont resemble each other and still have enough money to smoke and buy beer by the case. Now if I was THAT guy I wouldnt be angry at all. He has been to all the classes down at the VO-TECH down the hill and still cant find a job as a "welder" or HVAC tech or LPN cause it cost too much to move to town... and he will lose his "check" for all his kids.

DID I MENTION HE IS WHITE?

~Hill

~Hill

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hill, slightly off topic here, but I just wanted a clarification on something. You are Pro union, right? I certainly am.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

IBEW... long time

Hill

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Shows how little you know.

Amanda is a grown woman who works and supports herself, she is not some helpless child who can't work.

As for the pecker and bunghole remark, that is pretty crude. If you would have read more of my posts you would know that is a non-issue.

Hairdressing school, that is something that doesnt interest me in the least.

For someone so 'enlightened" you seem to throw around alot of stereotypes.

As for UT and Oak Ridge, I wouldnt want to work for either, especially UT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit