Guilt

by joelbear69 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Be happy! And don't feel guilty. As long as you are doing what is right in your heart, who can fault you? I know you love your folks. You should love them and respect them. But don't let guilt get the better part of you. When someone I love and respect offers me counsel, suggestions, or advice I accept it. I try never to fight with my mom or my in-laws because I love them and they are elderly. If I agree with them I nod along with them and if I disagree I nod along with them. after all I am 46 yrs old now and not a baby that needs to be told what to do. I am also not a teenager bucking at the reins. I am my own person and responsible for my own decisions and actions as youa re I am sure. Please try to find some inner peace with your situation and take your family's guilt like a duck does with water off its back.....Just my 2 cent. Good luck to you and here is to a guilt-free time for you.

CHEERS

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Joel,

You'll get lots of good advice on the forum, and it sounds like you already are getting things under control.

Personally, I'm still on anti-depressants. Started while I was still in Beth-Hell. As I've come to terms with "the Truth" not being the truth, I've started to recover and will probably be off the pills one day. In the meantime, I still take them. What helps me is like the others have said, take care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep, even if you need help from something like Ambien (works for me). Exercise is great therapy. Eat a healthy diet. Drink plenty of water. Sounds basic, but it's sadly neglected even by really 'smart' people.

Billy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit