Some Things About JWs Just Aren't Right!..... Huh???

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

"Religion is a racket and a snare"....no shit

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

They claim to be moral, upright people yet cover up child molestation and protect the molester.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They talk about love and forgiveness (basically the entire theme of the New Testament), they have a Parable of the Prodigal Son - but then do the exact opposite of whhat the Parable Teaches - while he was yet a long way off the father ran to greet his son - threw him a party, sung and danced - now compare that to a JW seeking reinstatement

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Witnesses take pride in the fact that, throughout the history of their organixation, they have fought for their civil rights by using the courts to secure justice and fair treatment for themselves, especially in the areas of free speech and freedom of religion. They like to point out that, in so doing, society as as whole has benefited. After all, when the civil rights of an unpopular minority are protected, then the majority can breathe all the easier knowing that their own rights are necessarily protected.

All this is without a doubt true; and the benefits to society in general due to the Witnesses activism and zeal in pursuing their civil rights have been acknowledged by many people, such as sociologists and historians who are not Witnesses and may even be hostile toward Witness doctine. So, my question is: Why don't the Witnesses extend these hard-earned civil rights to their own followers? A glaring inconsistency is this: The Witnesses have indeed strove to secure their right to express dissenting opinion and ideas, yet they allow absolutely no dissension in their own ranks; they don't even allow questioning. They are all too happy to enjoy the protection of every freedom they choose, yet they show no gratitude to the liberal democracies in which they live. They are like hypocritical parasites "feeding off" of society's protection, but giving nothing back in return in terms of loyalty or even appreciation. not even deigning to give their own rank and file the same freedom of thought that they have been given.

• XOCO
    XOCO

Its not OK for JW to get a college degree but it is ok for the JW lawyers in Brooklyn

XOCO

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I always thought that it was odd that as a kid growing up a jw,I could never accept christmas presents from 'worldly"people{teachers,classmates},but Christmas bonus's were welcomed for the adults in their workplaces.and i love the comment that someone made about hanging out w/nonjw family,but not exjw family.hmmm...can you say..fools?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have their own translation of the Bible, but they are forbidden from using independent sources to verify its accuracy. They also claim to have the truth, but will not allow independent sources to be used to back it up. So much for truth.

• minimus
    minimus

You shouldn't talk to a disfellowshipped relative unless it's necessary business UNLESS the relative lives in your home---then you can talk normally.......Huh??

• minimus
    minimus

A Witness cannot stand for the National Anthem but can stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

The WT. says voting is a personal matter but if you do vote you get kicked out.

The Society prides itself in not passing a collection plate but they're always asking for money.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

A pioneer once told me that she didn't have to do personaly study or bible reading since she was doing an important life saving work-

I READ the bible and compared it to the WT which unveiled a lot of discrepencies-

She believes she is better off than me- I am a sinner who will die at armageddon and she's a "sheep" destined for paradise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit