Any NHL fans here?

by willdabeerman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

If yes, then W T F? I have not seen this many trades on deadline day in a LONG time. Not to mention 95% f them were just off the wall and outright HUGE. I know it is not a very popular sport in places so that is why I asked to see how many fans there are here.

• Gopher
    Gopher

<<--- Been a fan since I was 9. Hockey is BIG here at all levels -- peewee, high school, college and pro.

My local NHL team just traded for left winger Chris Simon of the New York Islanders. I guess they were desperate for more "physicality". I was hoping the Wild would get a quality center like Peca. Oh well, maybe we'll make the playoffs and get wiped out in round 1 again.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

the biggest surprise I think so far has been the Habs Giving up Cristobal Huet to the Caps. I am both a Habs fan and a Caps fan and I am uneasy about this trade so I dunno. Also the Pens dealing away Colby Armstrong was a bit of a surprise.

• joebin
    joebin

I'm a serious anti Canadian fan, I only watch to see them lose. I hate them because of how they controlled hockey in it's beginnings then turn around and call themselves "the glorious". Glorious my ass. My hope each year is to see the Canadians get their hopes up with a decent team, then lose in the series. The closer they get to the cup and then lose is how I rate my satisfaction for that year. I haven't checked the trades for today, but I am surprised they traded Huet. They should've left the team exactly how it was, they had a good team.

I'll go check the sports pages to see what the trades were about.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It looks like the Penguins are trying to make a big run this year. They got Hal Gill from the Maple Leafs -- the man is a beast on defense, from what I read. (Six-foot-seven and 250 pounds -- not sure how that converts to metric.) And they got Marian Hossa from Atlanta, a high-scoring forward to add offense to what Crosby already brings. But Hossa is only under contract through the end of June. (Being from Minnesota, I like scorers named Marian.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit