"Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"...What is this???

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I was reading a reply post to the thread"Noah and high altitude". In it is a series of responses to a letter written to the wts. I noticed that the letter head was,"Christian Congreagation of Jehovah's Witnesses". Does anyone know what this is and why the change or is it a ditinction being made from the WTBTS?

NMG

• blondie
    blondie

It's one of the corporations the WTS formed in 2000.

You will find it on the heading of the official BOEs to the congregations

I think it is a lame way to try and distance themselves from "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" as a label. Unfortunately, they continue to use those labels to refer to themselves in the publications. Ask a jw what religion they are and they will still stay they are one of Jehovah's Witnesses, not "I'm a Christian." The problem lies with the fact that all Christian religions identify themselves as Christians but the WTS does not believe that they are "true Christians."

*** km 1/02 p. 7 New Corporations Formed ***

NewCorporationsFormed

The January 15, 2001, issue of TheWatchtower reported on the organized way in which Jehovah’s Witnesses are continuing to move forward with the Kingdom work in all the earth. It also explained how various legal entities are used as instruments to facilitate the spreading of the good news. Such entities or corporations are necessary to conform to local and national laws, as required by God’s Word. (Rom. 13:1) Because of the diversity and scope of our work, the Governing Body has approved the formation of additional corporations to care for certain needs of Jehovah’s Witnesses here in the United States. The new corporations are as follows:

Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Religious Order of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Kingdom Support Services, Inc.

These will operate along with Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. Congregations and publishers may receive correspondence from any of these corporations. Your cooperation with these adjustments made by the Governing Body in fulfilling its assignment to care for all the Master’s belongings will be greatly appreciated.—Matt. 24:45-47.

*** km 1/02 p. 7 New Corporations Formed ***These will operate along with Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. Congregations and publishers may receive correspondence from any of these corporations. Your cooperation with these adjustments made by the Governing Body in fulfilling its assignment to care for all the Master’s belongings will be greatly appreciated.—Matt. 24:45-47.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Blondie.......Thank you very much for your informative response. I wasn't attending the meetings when this came out. I am surprised that my Ex didn't bring it to my attention as she was always preaching/harping about what I was MISSING by not attending.

It appears to me that there is way too much legalese required to worship god. Do you suppose?

Thanks again.

NMG

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,Blondie

If they formed these new companies to conform to local and national laws to preach the good news,why.

Didn't they have that right under the constitution?I think they are lying big time.The only reason,the only reason they formed these new companies is the be protected from law.All about$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

God knows what they are up to and will judge them severly.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's a breakdown of the corporations that are associated with the WT Society, as explained in a Wikipedia article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_instruments_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

• Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses, New York. Incorporated in 2000 to give particular attention to those in special full-time service: Bethel volunteers, missionaries, traveling overseers, special pioneers; and assembly halls.
    • Kingdom Support Services, Incorporated, New York. Incorporated in 2000 to deal with construction of Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, other engineering needs, and vehicles.
  • wednesday
    wednesday

I thought to be called a Christian one had to accept the trinity?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sounds like those damn Apostate groups......Opps sorry guys!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"Such entities or corporations are necessary to conform to local and national laws, as required by God’s Word. (Rom. 13:1)"

FAIL!

Forming a corporation is not a legal requirement for any religious or business enterprise. It is a partnership with a state for the purpose of obtaining privileges, including tax breaks and protection from liability for wrongdoing.

The so called Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is likely a contrivance to protect other Watchtower assets from lawsuits against a congregation. You might question the organization being directed by spirits, but never doubt it is directed by lawyers.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Forming a corporation is not a legal requirement for any religious or business enterprise.

I don't believe that is true. In order to publish books and mags on the scale that they do then you'd have to form a business entity of some sort, government regulations require some degree of organization. Makers of the infrastructure necessary to print literature on that scale are not going to sell it to Joe Blow who operates out of a shack and you have to consider that the corportaion holds copyrights, owns land, has to file statements with the government etc

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is under the American law, you are not required to incorporate. :-)

Other countries and their laws may vary.

In practice, it is a prudent business strategy to form a corporation when more than an individual is operating an organization.

Despite WT claims, there is no scriptural requirement to incorporate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit