Time Mag: JW's Experience Lots of "Masked Churn"

by pseattle2 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1716987,00.html

Last week we learned that JW's are the fastest-growing religion in America, with between 2-3% growth nationwide. But the survey in question also noted that the turnover rate in JW's is alarmingly high:

An even more extreme example of what might be called "masked churn" is the relatively tiny Jehovah's Witnesses, with a turnover rate of about two-thirds. That means that two-thirds of the people who told (the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life) they were raised Jehovah's Witnesses no longer are — yet the group attracts roughly the same number of converts. Notes (Pew Director Luis) Lugo, "No wonder they have to keep on knocking on doors."

In another report, at http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j1IgIhgpbmb1vaGeYJjrLd_8SkkQD8V1F9GO0:

Hindus claimed the highest retention of childhood members, at 84 percent. The group with the worst retention is one of the fastest growing — Jehovah's Witnesses. Only 37 percent of those raised in the sect known for door-to-door proselytizing said they remain members.

I'm encouraged. A little.

--P

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's the rub...while they get people coming in through the front door, they've got people fading or da'ing out the back.

Thanks for the heads up on the article!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Satan is so busy in these last days. <evil laugh>

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Only 37 percent of those raised in the sect known for door-to-door proselytizing said they remain members.

I wonder why this type of report is not included in the yearbook.

Really, who would join a group if only 37 percent got in and liked it enough to stay?*chuckle*

ESTEE

• Tefferin Laux
    Tefferin Laux

Which means 63% of people learn to reject mind control after extended periods of time.

Personally, I find that encouraging!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit