What do you think will be the society's undoing?

by cognac 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Maddie
    Maddie

I would love to see something monumental happen to wipe them out instantaneously. History has a habit of repeating itself, and even the most powerful authorities have crashed throughout history, so nothing is impossible.

Maddie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once people see the real truth, the end of the Watchtower Society's success is next. I am hearing of at least one, and probably a number of other, sources that is working on books that will fully integrate the Bible along with its fundamental flaws. It only takes one of those books to become mainstream, and people are going to begin to question all religion. If 75% of people (or more) gets hold of one or more of those books, and believes what is written in them, I can see a time where thumping the Bible will get one ostracized.

For those already in, I see no end. Those already in are being cut off from any and all religious and philosophical material outside their own crap. They are being cut off from TV, newspapers, books, and those outside that have better knowledge of the Bible. Whether the people believe in and live by the Bible or not is immaterial--a good atheist with a working knowledge of the Bible and the faults therein can damage the faith as much as soneone with a working knowledge of the Bible and strong belief. So all will be cut off. That means they will never be exposed to books by Ayn Rand and other Aristotelian philosophers that can ruin one's faith in the Watchtower Society (those are among the few sources that is even worse than demonic material).

Hopefully, the money will run out. Those on the outside will not be willing to donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, now with gas at $4 a gallon and higher in some places (it is already past $3) and bread costing $3 a loaf and up. Those inside will wish they could donate, but with their crap paying window washing jobs and part time hours, they will not be able to afford both donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund and gas to pioneer. Hopefully, their resources will be exhausted soon, and then they will no longer have the money to spread. At which point, they pass out the Kool-Aid or push the existing members in a death march of no sleep, no food, no nothing until they die trying to do the work.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Unless someone captures all of the members of the Governing Body on video engaged in some sort of sex orgy [now, there's a thought to make you vomit!], I tend to doubt that the WTBS will ever totally cease to exist. After all, it's hard to "kill" an idea, be it a good or a bad one, a beneficial or an evil one. The doctrines of the Watchtower society and its teachings on many issues are protean, always shifting and changing to suit the interests of the organization. Moreover, a good number of Witnesses seemingly accept these changes [under the guise of what they call "new light"]. I may be wrong, but I think that Jehovah's Witnesses will be around for a good number of years, in one form or another. The question is: in what form will they remain, or rather, what form will they assume in the future? Will they go "mainstream," or at least draw nearer to mainstream religion? Or will they become even more radicalized and retreat even further to the "fringes"? Will New York Bethel maintain its [up until now] centralized control, or will the Jehovah's Witnesses in other countries "break out of the orbit" of Brooklyn and achieve relative autonomy?

• inkling
    inkling

What do you think will be the society's undoing?

The earth falling into the sun as it goes supernova.

[inkling]

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just curious, but how many JWs know this ...

C. T. Russell's interpretation of many Scriptures in the book of Revelation is self-exalting to say the least.

Here are some examples: The "another angel" of Rev. 14:17 is "Pastor Russell himself, after the harvesting of the saints was finished" (p. 226)

Self-exalt much, Russell Ol' Pal? I never heard this in any meeting, but I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if I did.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I don't think it will be one big finale.

Time is not their friend.

The internet is probably the most lethally effective.

I think the next big thing may be getting the information that is out there now, translated into the languages of the fastet growing groups.

• metatron
    metatron

Have you guys ever watched a scene in Woody Allen's "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Sex" ? There's a guy who gets

caught by his wife in bed with another woman. He simply keeps denying it ( while the other woman puts her clothes on) until the wife

gives up.

That's the Watchtower! No amount of evidence, proof or facts make any difference to most Witnesses. You could have the Governing

Body sodomize young boys on a parade float at high noon while being towed down Broadway --- and the average Witness will still say

"It's still the truth". Take away their money or embroil them in a long, costly - and public - lawsuit and you might wreck them.

It's still a matter of 'keep chipping away'. Drain them. Sue them. Wear them down.

metatron

• BFD
    BFD

BFD

• steve2
    steve2
    I would love to see something monumental happen to wipe them out instantaneously.

Maddie, I understand the sentiment behind what you say, but kind of feel like your desire to see them instantaneously wiped out is spookily similar to the kind of mentality that thrives among the JWs and similar religions: Desiring some kind of quick annihilation of things they don't like.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Headquarters will become surrounded by angry apostates and the GB members will be forced to jump off a pile of their own money.

Seriously they should have been undone by now, with all the crap they've pulled. They need great public exposure, and a great loss of money, but even then, there are still countless fools that will keep them alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit