New Light - ?

by ocsrf 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I think the Society has been made to realize, thanks the Quotes site and other "Apostate" sites, how much their "new light" concept sounds like bullsh*t. I remember when they were proud of "new light" and sold it to the R&F as evidence of God's blessing. Now a days, they seem almost afraid of publishing articles regarding changes in doctrine. It's almost like they don't want anyone to know that there has been a change in understanding.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL@elsewhere . Seems and evidently does not sound like terms used whenever "new light" is being presented .Sounds like they are blowing smoke out of the backside on that . I think the "anointed" will be around until the UN destroys babylon but are martyred before the tribulation . The great crowd are the only ones that survive the tribulation . Now there's another opinion to take note of ..........

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for pointing that out, ocsrf ! I hadn't noticed it yet. That study is in two weeks... giving us time to prepare !

And thanks Honesty for the Rev book reference.

Yep, looks like the door is wide open for more partakers this year. Or should I say, it seems like the door is evidently wide open for more wine-drinking cracker-munchers this year.

Things like this used to be considered 'New Light', now it's more like "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic".

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

You would be amazed at how many people in the org, active and vocal, have no idea about 1935, it has long ago been forgotten.

• justhuman
    justhuman

It seems to be like a new light. But they said that the door was never closed in 1935 in their newest understanding, It looks like the FDS does not even remember what they are writting in their own articles!!!

Even the words they are using shows that they are in a state of confussion..It seems-evidently.

So God's ONLY channel on earth they are NOT sure regarding a Biblical teaching and they are speculating!!!

• freydi
    freydi

Whenever they start out with lines like "It seems, however," or "It is likely that," can't you just imagine the witlesses burning up the phone lines and whispering among themselves that a new flash of brilliance has occurred, when all it is is pure speculation or wt-speak for the fact that they have been teaching in error. You see the mind control operating in full-filter mode where nothing bad can come from the mythological fds. Only new profound insights from God, although this is troubling to them since the fds isn't supposed to be inspired. So they then come up with some plausible nonsense to make it all work out in their heads, which doesn't have to be provided with the statements like, "It seems that....."

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I think that within the next 10 years WT will have "New Light" that the 144000 is actually a "symbolic" number

Problem solved . . .

Eventually they'll gravitate towards mainstream Christian doctrine.

JW teaching in 30 years time:

Christ will return and restore earth to paradise.
    Human life will always continue and originate from earth.
    Eternal life was not meant to be earthly
    Little flock was Jewish believers
    Other sheep are gentile believers
    At death the hope is heavenly.
    144000 (long forgotten) is not literal.

Mainstream Christian belief in thirty years:

See Above

Somehow they'll still teach they are God's Exclusive Channel

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    Sorry if this has already been hashed out, this was new to me today, just happened to notice this at the study and it struck me funny that it was just mentioned in passing like it was no big deal.

This is how we all see the truth, new light that caused darkness. I had this same issue in 1995 with the generation change. I no longer attend, but I have been replaced by over a thousand newbies.

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit