It's official he's running for President...

by zeroday 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Gregor: Your misspelling the word "environment" does not bother me. However your racist language advocating genocide by means of a nuclear assault on the Chinese is disgusting. You should know that there are Chinese-American and other Asian-American people on this website. As far as I can determine, you made your comment in jest, but it is still indefensible. By the way, I taught as a professor for sixteen years where I taught Chinese students. I loved them with all my heart, as if they were my own children. I would greatly appreciate not reading your suggestion that China be attacked with nuclear weapons. And I would also point out that racist language is forbidden on this discussion board. If you have a point to make, you can surel do so without recourse to racial epithets or to advocating nuclear annihilation.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Rapunz. Don't be silly. You take yourself way too seriously. Get over it.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am sorry, I don't like Ralph Nader.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Nader may or not be a decent person, but he's in the wrong place at the worst time. Is he so delusional that he thinks he can win?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

all this whining and griping, the man has a right to run whether we like it or not, it is still america and not being run by the borg just yet. As far as fixing the election, pleeezzz!!! Whomever is elected, there are going to be some of us who won't like them, I sure won't put other people down because of who they vote for, that is so much like being at the hall do it our way or your an apostate crap, come on people everyone has a right to vote for whom they think (sincerely hope) will do a better job. If there is any kind of fix in, its the process whereby we are stuck with voting for the people now running. That is the fix, why can't we vote for whom we really want???

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

It still boggles my mind that there are deluded Democrats/liberals that still think there was some fix in the 2000 elections. The facts are simple Nader pulled enough votes from Gore in the key state of Florida to cost him the election. What is more, had Nader not run, a good portion of the nearly 2.9 million votes Nader got would have more than likely gone to Gore and given him the presidency.

To me the problem is not the "doofi" that voted for Bush, but the 'doofi" that voted for Nader, and the "doofi" that continue in their incessant whining about 2000 and the results that their "enlightened" brethren foisted on America.

What is more, it was the non-stop barrage of Bush bashing from the chronic Bush haters that kept a lot of people , including myself, from voting Democrat in 2004. The issue is simple, too many of you relegated people like us to "doofi." Rather than attempting to make peace, and convince our hearts and minds that Bush was bad for this country, you instead insulted our intelligence, our faith, and our convictions. Causing most of us to vote for Bush in 2004, and eventually seeing the folly of our ways.

So the real problem was not the "doofi" but the 2.88 million "enlightened" voters in 2000, that caused this country to go down the road it is currently on.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

America has always, and will always get the president and public officials she deserves.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    why can't we vote for whom we really want???

Who is stopping you??????????????????

We all have the right to say what we think.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

XJW says:

convince our hearts and minds that Bush was bad for this country

I wouldn't have thought any "convincing" was necessary. Is it obvious yet? Just curious...

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't think Nader will matter as much this time around. The independent, non-aligned voters are what will matter this November. In contrast to the 2000 & 2004 elections, the probable candidates (Obama and McCain) actually have a good deal of appeal to the independent bloc of voters.

Nader's candidacy skewed the elections against the Democrats before because they ran worse campaigns than did the Republicans. This time around, Obama has shown he can run a kick-butt campaign, and can express ideas much better than Gore or Kerry did during their overly-micromanaged attempts to win voters.

Nader can run. He has a point about politics being beholden to big business. His point won't make me vote for him, because I'm not a single-issue voter.

I think the newer younger voters who have gotten involved in the process will see Nader as the non-factor he is and vote Obama or McCain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit